Error trying to load save on a very 'big' game.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
leosmellsgood221
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Error trying to load save on a very 'big' game.

Post by leosmellsgood221 »

When going into the load game screen the notice instantly pops up when I click on the save file: "Opening zip C:/Users/leosm/AppData/Roaming/Factorio/saves/Trying again.zip failed: Result too large" Then it prompts me to delete save in which i have put in 30+ hours. All help appreciated, dont really want to lose this big world. It is my biggest yet with 3 individual stand alone factories each with their own train system and train codes, the biggest of which has 6 advanced circuit production train systems which produces a fluctuating number of about 3800 a minute. Not really relevant but somewhat interesting maybe hoping to pull on the heart strings so we can get people behind getting this factory back on its rather large feet :cry: :)

leosmellsgood221
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Error trying to load save on a very 'big' game.

Post by leosmellsgood221 »

Ps, it says "invalid or corrupt file". I can go back to the auto saves but it would be erasing 100 minutes of work (I put the autosave interval to the max as saving takes about 30 seconds in the middle of playing which wasnt fun to wait around for) and I fear I would run into the same problems. I cant find my main factorio forum account which has about 30 posts so Im posting off this one, not new to the forums.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Factorio doesn't really have an upper limit for savegame/map size that I know of and I'm sure people have built larger factories, so the reason the savegame won't load is probably that it's corrupted.
The three main reasons for savegame corruption are bugs in the code, memory corruption while playing or something happened while saving the game leading to an incomplete save.

If the savegame is noticeably smaller than other saves/autosaves of the same map then it's incomplete and there's nothing anyone can do. Otherwise you can upload the save, maybe the devs are willing to take a look at it.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Arrager
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Arrager »

This has now happened to me. My biggest file yet. Last time I attempted to save the game, my whole computer pulled a BSOD. This is quite a major issue and now that I've lost so much time in this game.. I don't think I'll be playing anymore.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

I'm curious, how big is the save file? And how much RAM do you have?
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

"Result too large" is usually exception from ZIP library and usually means the ZIP file which contains saved data is corrupted in some way. If you upload your save, we will take a look at it is probably not recoverable. I am sorry :(

Arrager
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Arrager »

posila wrote:"Result too large" is usually exception from ZIP library and usually means the ZIP file which contains saved data is corrupted in some way. If you upload your save, we will take a look at it is probably not recoverable. I am sorry :(
Thanks for the offer. Do what you can, please. =(
Attachments
AfterMods.zip
(11.89 MiB) Downloaded 60 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Hi, I am sorry, the file is unrecoverable (75% of it are just zeroes). Do you have autosaves?

Return to “Technical Help”