(SOLVED) [0.13.8] unable to connect to dedicated server

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Mordred
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

(SOLVED) [0.13.8] unable to connect to dedicated server

Post by Mordred »

Hello,

i have a Server running and i launched factorio 13.8 dedicated on it, as i did with 12.33 before. I have the port opened, as it did work before already. But i cannot connect to my Server with the 13.8 Version.
The Server Startup is okay, no Errors or smth. it does not matter if i change it to be shown in the game browser (it will be shown in it once i configure it that way, so basically that tells me "everything is fine". The Server logs also tell me, that it was able to "Punch through nat" using the pingpong1 and 2 Servers. Still i'm unable to connect to the Server.

Since i cannot test it with GUI (the Server does not have a good enough grapicscard) i tried it locally on my pc, that did work, using the same Options / mods.

I'm not 100% sure if this is a serverside (Software) error, or if i did misconfigure smth. but since it did work with similar Options in 12.33 i think it's an Server error.
Last edited by Mordred on Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mordred
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.13.8] unable to connect to dedicated server

Post by Mordred »

Update: If i do an external port check, the Server _does_ react to that and tells me that he got an invalid package (so far so good). But i still cannot connect from my ClientPC to my Server PC for some reason. Pinging and tracing the Server still works, i'm on it using RDP sessions and other games running on the Server are still responsive.

Mordred
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mordred »

*thumbs* still having this issue :(

Mordred
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mordred »

Okay, found the issue. It seems that a few mods made the error occuring. I removed 3 Yuoki Railworksmods, UraniumPower and Warehousing and tadaa i was able to connect. As soon as i added one of those mods, i was again unable to connect.

Return to “Technical Help”