[0.13.6] Crash on Save Load with Mod

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
MrGrim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.13.6] Crash on Save Load with Mod

Post by MrGrim »

My game crashed when I attempted to load it with this mod added:

viewtopic.php?f=144&t=22802

I had updated the mod's info.json to include the "factorio_version": "0.13" necessary to load in 0.13. It's a simple mod that adds 4 Ogg Vorbis tracks to the soundtrack.

I compared it to the base game music entities to see if anything changed there with 0.13, and it doesn't appear to have. I didn't see anything in the release notes for any of the 0.13 updates either.

I cannot reproduce this on a new game. I was, however, able to narrow down the problem to loading my save with only this and one other mod, Hard Crafting 0.4.1. I can reproduce the crash reliably this way. I've made my save, the two mods as I have them, and the crash log available here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ul4j1omiolli ... Crash?dl=0

Thanks!

*EDIT*: OK something weird is going on. It's not that specific mod. It appears to be _any_ new mod or even upgrading an existing one makes this game crash on load.

*EDIT 2*: Alrighty... I nailed the issue down to an issue with the "crusher" entity from the Hard Crafting mod in a blueprint! I cleared all blueprints in the game that had that entity, and voila! No crash!

Return to “Technical Help”