V 0.13.* full Server command matrix

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Killavirus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

V 0.13.* full Server command matrix

Post by Killavirus »

Hi all,

Just getting the Headless Win2012 Server up and running for .13 - Noticed lots of new shiny options in the Multiplayer.

What exactly are the options ?

Would love to know how to set via the startup commands for .13
ServerName
description
Private / Public / LAN
password
maxplayers
Allow Console : admin only/none/all
save interval

obviously I am sure there are more that others will also need, but for me that is all that is necessary, would be great to have the full list as there may be options that im not aware of but would be great to know about.

I have run a search and all I was able to come up with was this
https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?title=GameClient
and this
https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?title=GameClient
I can also see the odd person listing their commands, on the forum in regards to issue's, but for the life of me can't find where they got them all!!

Apologies to the mods if this is in the wrong section, but not 100% entirely sure where to post this.
Last edited by Killavirus on Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Addiction Thy Name be Factorio, FACTORIO IS NOT A LIE.

Abraxsus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: V 0.13.0 full Server command matrix

Post by Abraxsus »

Jeahr this full server setup is just bulshit hart. I need 4 Hours of investigating just to notice that i cant play any more with a loaded map not generated by the server ....

And then i have to notice that the server never load mods in the mod directory....... no help no where ... not even in the new exemple config ....

Please give us more informations how to run a HEADLESS server .... Normal client game hosting ist now super! but Dedicated Server hosting is just a mess

Bluelight
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Bluelight »

I found the arguments somewhere! But I forgot where..

You can use world files but they have to be created by 0.13.0 or if your using 0.13.1 There is stuff changed so old save-files don't work ofc.
When it comes to mods, what do you mean? There are few updated mods yet.. The 0.13.1 is rather new release..
Example settings are needed for the server to log in to the multiplayer system.. You have to put an argument in the start.bat to get it running: "--server-settings "F:/user's Mappe/Factorio_0.13.0/data/server-settings.json""..

You also have to set the world file to load in an argument or use "--start-server-load-latest"
Default save location is in root folder of Factorio and the folder "saves", so it's something like "C:/Downloads/Factorio_0.13.1/saves/"

I posted some about it a few days ago here: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=27192&start=20#p172756
Though I cannot see a intelligent reply from both the player base or the developers or forum Moderators!

In Windows I have an issue with port numbers.. I'm not a coder so I have no idea what is wrong with my Windows dedicated server, but it refuses to use the default port even though it's stated in the config AND I ever have it forced in an argument in the start.bar file.. Nothing works.. At least they changed the error that the IP didn't match, but I still can't connect to my server due to wrong port number.. It's opened and forwarded in the router, and the default port is 34197 as stated both in config and in commandline argument.. And in the server window it is telling me that it is using port 34197! But when pingpong servers validate IP I get different ports and never 34197! I get a random port from 50000 to 70000.

Here is the problem in the logfile:

Code: Select all

3.735 Hosting game at port 34197, peerID 0, session magic 3575
   3.735 Info MultiplayerManager.cpp:999: networkTick(0) mapTick(1) changing state from(CreatingGame) to(InGame)
   3.736 Info NetworkInputHandler.cpp:45: mapTick(1) networkTick(0) initialized NetworkInputHandler local peer(0).
   3.737 Info Router.cpp:992: Asking pingpong servers (pingpong1.factorio.com:34197, pingpong2.factorio.com:34197) for own address
   3.738 Info RemoteCommandProcessor.cpp:94: Starting RCON interface at port 4444
   3.789 Warning Router.cpp:847: Received own adddress message reply with conflicting address (got 72.149.72.164:55427, expected 72.149.72.164:64747)
   3.865 Error Util.cpp:57: Attempting to create notice box in headless mode. Message: 'Failed to determine external IP address. Other players might not be able to connect.'
   5.316 Warning NetworkInputHandler.cpp:765: mapTick(1) networkTick(3) disconnecting from player but already disconnected.
At least the error don't break the server now..!

Developers, any advice on this one? Hello!! Anybody home? ET phone home!! Is the line tapped? What is the problem here? Helloooo!
Bluelight

Killavirus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Killavirus »

Bluelight wrote: Example settings are needed for the server to log in to the multiplayer system.. You have to put an argument in the start.bat to get it running: "--server-settings "F:/user's Mappe/Factorio_0.13.0/data/server-settings.json""..

You also have to set the world file to load in an argument or use "--start-server-load-latest"
Default save location is in root folder of Factorio and the folder "saves", so it's something like "C:/Downloads/Factorio_0.13.1/saves/"
Many thanks for the info regarding the Server settings Json file.

I am not sure about all the port issue's as of yet, as I was waiting for the correct details to get the server running before I went further.
I will let you know after I run some tests tonight (GMT+1)

supernet2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by supernet2 »

Have you figured out how to force your server to show its public availability? For me on a windows server i cannot run headless unless its strictly ip based, meaning no showing on the public availability list.

If so wouldn't mind throwing your .bat, and neccessary configured files you did to force the game to show up in the windows headless build? I know i was able to make it work on linux but for lack of a better terms, i dont like always using console to control my linux box remotely

Killavirus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: V 0.13.* full Server command matrix

Post by Killavirus »

yup got the headless server working for windows tested today (sorry about last night) and working (yay).

here are my settings
Bat file - I copied the .Json file to the root directory to keep things simple, though kept full directory resolution

C:\Servers\Factorio\Server1\bin\x64\Factorio.exe --start-server c:\Servers\Factorio\Server1\saves\NSG.zip --server-settings "c:\Servers\Factorio\Server1\server-settings.json"
pause
Here is that .Json File

{
  "name": "[NSG]",
  "description": "No Stress Gaming",
  "tags": ["vanilla", "teamspeak"],
  "max_players": "64",

"_comment_visibility": ["public: Game will be published on the official Factorio matching server",
                          "lan: Game will be broadcast on LAN",
                          "hidden: Game will not be published anywhere"],
  "visibility": "public",

"_comment_credentials": "Your factorio.com login credentials. Required for games with visibility public",
  "username": "USERNAME",
  "password": "PASSWORD",

"game_password": ""
}
Config Path (Due to multiple servers I like to keep them seperate)

config-path=__PATH__executable__/../../config

#This value specifies the way the aplication generates default values for path.read-data and path.write-data
#When set to true, it will use system directories (Users/Name/AppData/Roaming/Factorio on windows), this is set to true
#for the installer versions of Factorio, as people will usualy install it in program files, and the aplication can't write
#to program files by default (without UAC turned off), similar with osx/linux packages.
#When set to false (default value for zip package), it will use application root directory, this is usable to create self-sustainable
#Factorio directory that can be copied anywhere needed (on usb etc), also for people, who don't like to manipulate saves
#in the windows users directory structure (as me, kovarex).
#Note, that once the values in config are generated, this value has no effects (unless you delete config, or the path.read-data/path.write-data values)
use-system-read-write-data-directories=false
I have the default port forwarded on the router, and have tested this from an external network and it works fine.

Would still like the full list of commands on startup though :(

Killavirus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Killavirus »

*bump.

I understand this is not the most important thing on the list of things todo, but people being able to configure server's properly is no bad thing.
Even a Copy paste of all the commands and we can work out what they do and fill in the wiki :)

Many Thanks

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Killavirus wrote:Would still like the full list of commands on startup though :(
What do you mean by “commands on startup”? If you mean available command-line arguments, you can just run factorio --help and it will print the list of arguments it accepts.

Killavirus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Killavirus »

Oxyd wrote:
Killavirus wrote:Would still like the full list of commands on startup though :(
What do you mean by “commands on startup”? If you mean available command-line arguments, you can just run factorio --help and it will print the list of arguments it accepts.

Well now your just making me look stupid .....

*Slinks off and hides.

Return to “Technical Help”