Can't set up multiplayer

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
tecknurd
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Can't set up multiplayer

Post by tecknurd »

I get the same issue, but my game does not crash. I just does not show any servers. I have to reboot my router in order to connect to web sites. I have to do this after playing in multiplayer mode in Factorio version 0.13. This "NAT Punching" feature in Factorio is not effective. I rather go into Windows firewall to fix the NAT issue there. Windows Firewall does have an option called "Edge Traversal." The second thing I rather do is setup port triggering and/or port forwarding but I do not know what ports Factorio uses.

I get similar logs as hyperkiller. Is there a way to disable this NAT Punching feature in 0.13. Until there is a fix or the NAT Punching feature can be disable, I downgraded to version 0.12.35.

My network and system setup is as follows.
TP-Link WDR-3500 (TP-Link Firmware)
ASUS P8H77-I
Intel i3-3225
16 GiB DDR3-1600
On-board graphics
Samsung 850 PRO 256 GiB
Steam version of Factorio 0.13 downgraded to 0.12.35

tecknurd
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Multiplayer Crash {ver 0.13}

Post by tecknurd »

The following is attachment is the log files for each attempt. I setup both port forwarding and port triggering. Setting those in my router does nothing to fix the issue. I still have the issue of multiplayer dropping connection and not able to get a refresh after that. Also it affects my whole network too. I have to reboot my router to clear the issue. I tried with 0.13.1 and it is the same issue.

THIS IS A CRITICAL ISSUE

I paid for fixing the critical issues first not the minor issues.

:x
Attachments
Factorio-v13.x-bugreportinfo.zip
(19.5 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

Return to “Technical Help”