Dedicated server - Couldn't establish network connection

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
SlyJacob
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Dedicated server - Couldn't establish network connection

Post by SlyJacob »

Hello,
Yesterday I rented a dedicated server from an unnamed host. I installed the exact same mods I have on my client side. The two days before, me and my friend played with these mods through hamachi and evolve with no issue. But when I turn on the server, it won't let me connect to it. Vanilla of the server works fine, so it's got to do with the mods. Did anyone encounter any problem like this? I only found one thread about similar problem - where the guy says that having too many mods makes the server not get the first packets sent properly, as the mod list is too long, and thus not connecting you to it. However this appearantly got fixed in 12.30. I could obviously go through every single mod, removing it and restarting, but you can imagine that would be a long process (remove on server, restart, remove on client, restart game..) doing it with 89 mods.
I just don't see the reason why hamachi/evolve (LAN-sort of emu of connection) works and dedicated server not. Could I be missing doing some config or whatever? I just put the mods into the server's directory mods folder.

Thanks for any help,
Jacob

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: Dedicated server - Couldn't establish network connection

Post by Oxyd »

SlyJacob wrote:where the guy says that having too many mods makes the server not get the first packets sent properly, as the mod list is too long, and thus not connecting you to it. However this appearantly got fixed in 12.30.
Uh, so far as I know, that hasn't been fixed yet.

Also, without the server and client logs, chances are slim anyone will know what your problem might be.

SlyJacob
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Dedicated server - Couldn't establish network connection

Post by SlyJacob »

Return to “Technical Help”