Question about accumulators...

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Pagan_PL
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Question about accumulators...

Post by Pagan_PL »

Hello!

I decided to turn power source from steam generators to solar pannels completly. I'm 170 hours in and until now my accumulators was disabled most of the time because of steam gen. My problem is - when my 1300 accumulators starts distributing energy I'm experiencing lags (or stutter) every 1-2 second. I performed several things: In Envidia panel disabled anisotropic filtering and all unused options such antialiasing, best performance (not quality) and maximum power consumption for Factorio (not adapt). Also in the game shadows on low , video memory on ALL. in the lower and lowest graphic option everything works like a charm .

My question is: It is possible to turn off the accumulators animation when they working? That lags is because of that bzzzt ' ing animation.

Any advices guys? Also I don't thing I have THAT BIG base.

Regards,

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Question about accumulators...

Post by prg »

If you're playing solo you could just use a mod that does

Code: Select all

data.raw.accumulator["basic-accumulator"].charge_animation.frame_count = 1
data.raw.accumulator["basic-accumulator"].discharge_animation.frame_count = 1
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

Pagan_PL
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pagan_PL »

prg wrote:If you're playing solo you could just use a mod that does

Code: Select all

data.raw.accumulator["basic-accumulator"].charge_animation.frame_count = 1
data.raw.accumulator["basic-accumulator"].discharge_animation.frame_count = 1

Thank You very much, but I found another solution - what completly solve the problem is by slow down the animation of charge and disharge animation. So for any of You guys having same problem, it;s enough to enter the main game - data - base - prototypes - entity - entities. Then open the file and search for charge and discharge animation and change it up to 0.1 or even 0.01. It is enough for me when I see a static picture of charging accumulators than Thy lags :)

Hope I helped.

Edit: by the way, if You using any other mods ex VanillaEX You must do the same within the rar file of VanillaEX.

Edit 2 : Your solution is better, that line of code is even near. Thank You again VERY MUCH!

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by prg »

Don't change base game files, that'll cause sadness upon update.
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Try to disable sound - might be a lot of bzzzt sounds playing also.

Pagan_PL
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pagan_PL »

Problem solved - few days ago ;) I had disabled the vertical sync both in the nvidia panel and in the game. Everything is perfect now :)

The think is or rather was that I turned fraps when game was laggy but fraps shows all the time 60 fps - even when lags occured. That was strange but VS solved the problem.

Return to “Technical Help”