Minimum Requirements for Headless server

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Minimum Requirements for Headless server

Post by hoho »

tehroach wrote:The old Q6600 still has a lot of power really and I am pretty sure that it would be ample for the task
q6600 is quite good for factorio. I replaced mine about half a year ago and before that I was playing heavily modded factorio with relatively big bases on the CPU just fine.
tehroach wrote:@robopilot99 are you sure that is truly an i686 and not a Pentium 4 in an i686 case?
Fairly certain it's is either pentium 3 or 4. i686 isn't really a specific CPU type as were the 386/486 and the like. Essentially, anything from Pentium MMX'es to first Pentium 4's were i686's.

tehroach
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Minimum Requirements for Headless server

Post by tehroach »

hoho wrote:
tehroach wrote:The old Q6600 still has a lot of power really and I am pretty sure that it would be ample for the task
q6600 is quite good for factorio. I replaced mine about half a year ago and before that I was playing heavily modded factorio with relatively big bases on the CPU just fine.
I have 2 sitting behind me that only get turned on to do menial tasks like wiping hdd, testing hardware etc, haven't sat behind one for any length of time for nearly 6 years,
unfortunately, I held on to them for too long and they never got a good home, as DDR2 just became so expensive as to render them worthless, even though functionally they are still reasonably good.
hoho wrote:
tehroach wrote:@robopilot99 are you sure that is truly an i686 and not a Pentium 4 in an i686 case?
Fairly certain it's is either pentium 3 or 4. i686 isn't really a specific CPU type as were the 386/486 and the like. Essentially, anything from Pentium MMX'es to first Pentium 4's were i686's.
OK so it is a colloquial term then.

As there were a few companies that did reliease actual 686's
I know that Intel never did and I don't think that AMD did, but I know Cyrix and a couple of others did (cant remember the others names off hand).
they were labeled 686 on the CPU.

but one thing is for certain,
out of all the x86 manufacturers only Intel and AMD ever released >1ghz CPUs
most of the others start to drop of the perch around the Pentium 2 era and all are gone by the end of the Pentium 3 era.

Return to “Technical Help”