Multiplayer @ the office

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Effone
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Multiplayer @ the office

Post by Effone »

Hello fellow Factorio fanatics,

I'm on the graveyard shift this week and I want to play multiplayer with a friend while I'm in the office.

The key problem being that I can't do port forwarding at work.

Is there a way to get around this?

We messed around with it for awhile last night with no luck. We tried Evolve, and I'm not sure if I did something wrong with the program or if it goes back to the port forwarding issue.

Would setting up a headless server on a third PC at home work?

Thanks in advance for helping me through my boredom, and keeping me away from League of Legends.

Edit: I should mention we are running Windows, and I have the Steam version of the game.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Multiplayer @ the office

Post by bobingabout »

if you're both on the network (LAN), then you don't need port forwarding, only LAN

if you're connecting to someone on the outside, then you may be able to connect to someone on the outside without port forwarding.

however, you may be experiencing firewall issues instead of just port forwarding issues.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Multiplayer @ the office

Post by Neemys »

If you can't port forward at work, your friend host if he can do the port forwarding. Getting a headless at home is another solution . In this later case have some mean to send command to the headless outside factorio for restart server or reloading an old save.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Return to “Technical Help”