Unable to have a 3 player server

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Trake
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Unable to have a 3 player server

Post by Trake »

So as the title suggest's, I can't host a 3 person group. Whenever I do somehow manage to have 3 people connected to me, it is as laggy as it could possibly be. Any reasons as to why?
Last edited by Trake on Wed May 25, 2016 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trake
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Unable to have a 3 group server

Post by Trake »

Apologies if bumping isn't allowed, but this is a semi-big issue for me.

Trake
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Unable to have a 3 player server

Post by Trake »

Bump, please help, I think this problem is getting worse.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

There is 3 reason why it could lag
  • One of the 3 players has a shitty internet connection which slows down the game for everyone
  • One of the 3 players has a shitty computer which slows down the game for everyone
  • The one creating the game(i assume it's you op) set the latency to a value which is too low when starting the game. Try setting it to 200-300ms
Waste of bytes : P

Trake
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Trake »

keyboardhack wrote:There is 3 reason why it could lag
  • One of the 3 players has a shitty internet connection which slows down the game for everyone
  • One of the 3 players has a shitty computer which slows down the game for everyone
  • The one creating the game(i assume it's you op) set the latency to a value which is too low when starting the game. Try setting it to 200-300ms
Alright, makes sense. I have another question, am I allowed to post a question about a dedicated server on this thread, or do I need to make a whole new thread?

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

Couple thoughts.

Test the ping to your friends. An easy command prompt test would be Ping someIPaddress -t. This will send packets over and over and allow you to watch for packet drops and latency spikes.
Set the game latency to something maybe 50ms above the highest ping to your two other players.
Enable Latency Hiding in the Options menu. This is really a cover-up but makes things feel more normal.

If it's still crappy, try switching the host to one of the other 2 folks. It could be your router that's the issue.

Return to “Technical Help”