Really, really old video card...

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
animepup
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Really, really old video card...

Post by animepup »

I'm talking 16 MB...any way to strip the graphics down to the point where I can run this? Everything else I have meets game specs...

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Really, really old video card...

Post by prg »

Use a software renderer, like with LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 when using Mesa on Linux. Depending on your CPU this could be somewhat usable.
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

animepup
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by animepup »

Umm ok? Not exactly a tech geek. I was hoping there was a mod or I could just tweak the settings...haven't gotten it yet, as I do not want to spend the money and not even be able to load it...

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

animepup wrote:Umm ok? Not exactly a tech geek. I was hoping there was a mod or I could just tweak the settings...haven't gotten it yet, as I do not want to spend the money and not even be able to load it...
No there's no mod or setting you can tweak. The game has a high VRAM requirement and a 16 MB graphics is definitely not supported.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Technical Help”