Fresh install getting error on world create

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Okamihoro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Fresh install getting error on world create

Post by Okamihoro »

I have just tried installing both the stable and unstable versions of the game. After figuring out and fixing a bug that prevented me from even getting passed launching the game, i am hit with a new one after selecting generate world.

The error is as follows: __CORE-DyTech-Core__/control.lua47: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value)

It has been a while since i played and did a complete uninstall when i stopped. I presume this bug is the result of a preloaded mod in the official download and i am not sure how to go about fixing it. Perhaps there is an update to this mod?

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Fresh install getting error on world create

Post by DaveMcW »

In file manager, open %appdata%\Factorio and delete the mods folder.

Okamihoro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Okamihoro »

DaveMcW wrote:In file manager, open %appdata%\Factorio and delete the mods folder.
I see, is there no other way? Are the mods not being updated anymore?

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

After your game is working, you can go back and add updated mods (if you can find them).

Okamihoro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Okamihoro »

DaveMcW wrote:After your game is working, you can go back and add updated mods (if you can find them).
Looks like the core mod DyTech is dead.
Any recommendations to spice up the game? Dosnt look like Vanilla changed all that much.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

If you liked DyTech, you MIGHT like my mods. A lot of my themes are similar to his, or at least used to be, I have no idea what he's been doing for the last year.
viewforum.php?f=51
Just a note, Electronics mod makes early game pretty difficult, a lot of the rest of it you can dance around until later, but I plan to integrate other things more, like the electronics mod, in time.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Okamihoro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Okamihoro »

bobingabout wrote:If you liked DyTech, you MIGHT like my mods. A lot of my themes are similar to his, or at least used to be, I have no idea what he's been doing for the last year.
viewforum.php?f=51
Just a note, Electronics mod makes early game pretty difficult, a lot of the rest of it you can dance around until later, but I plan to integrate other things more, like the electronics mod, in time.
Do you have updated mods that function withb12.33? If so is there a direct link to a mod pavk i can simply download amd copy pasta to the mods folder?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Okamihoro wrote:Do you have updated mods that function withb12.33? If so is there a direct link to a mod pavk i can simply download amd copy pasta to the mods folder?
[0.12.x] Bob's mods: Downloads (yes, 0.12.33 compatible)
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

there was a pack on that page for 0.12.29, which is 0.12.33 compatable, that holds all of my mod modules. I'm not sure if the link still even works anymore, but it doesn't contain the latest mod versions at this point.

But that page that was linked above by Dan holds the download links to every module of my mod.
You can copy paste these zip files directly into your mods folder.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Technical Help”