Yet another slow multiplayer map download

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
darthun
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Yet another slow multiplayer map download

Post by darthun »

Hey,

So i read everywhere that this bug has been fixed many times, but it clearly isn't fixed for me.

I tried forwarding my port, resetting my router, lowering my MTU, starting the game in admin mode, the steam version, the non steam version, the non-steam experimental version too.

At this point, i'd wish for a convoluted way to make it work, like download the base map from a file over FTP and getting the updates via the game or something. Or you know, just any solution.

All my 3 other friends can connect to the host without any problem.

Speadge
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Yet another slow multiplayer map download

Post by Speadge »

answered u in here:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=24658&p=160131#p160017

i am Hosting a Server for myself and i experienced, that often (NOT always) ppl could not connect.

TL;DR: Problem was the MTU on the way to the Server on my router.
Has to be at least 1500, otherwise the packets will become fragmented.

Tried this with cube (Dev-team) and it worked well.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

This is probably the same problem as 13646 . Can you please verify that the game is not running in peer to peer mode (set when hosting the game)? Also as Speadge says, lowering MTU will probably not help anything and it might make other problems appear.

EDIT: So I read your post in the blog discussion ... Now it doesn't look like the bug I linked any more and Speadge is even more right, It will be the MTU problem.

darthun
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by darthun »

Hello,

It would appear the problem was the router after all. I changed the router and it worked.

Return to “Technical Help”