Opening port in uTorrent?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
jmyeom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Opening port in uTorrent?

Post by jmyeom »

if port forwarding from your router does not work, then i dont think anything else will help,

there is an issue with one or more:
Factorio (are you using latest version?)
your operating system (what are you using?)
firewall( see above?)
router (^)
your ports(^)

can you anwser about your versions, and any antivirus/firewalls that you have, ill see if i can help

wEight
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wEight »

jmyeom wrote:if port forwarding from your router does not work, then i dont think anything else will help,

there is an issue with one or more:
Factorio (are you using latest version?) 0.12.29
your operating system (what are you using?) Windows 7 Ultimate x64
firewall( see above?) Read above
router (^) HG532e
your ports(^) Factorio port? 34197?

can you anwser about your versions, and any antivirus/firewalls that you have, ill see if i can help
Tried in port mapping. UDP, External Start Port External End Port I Internal Port are 34197, Internal host got from cmd, ipconfig. Gave myip:34197, nothing.

wEight
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wEight »

Bump

In case you didn't see, I answered inside your quote.
I don't mean to sound impatient, but we really want to play together and obviously want to figure out the problem before the end of summer lol

wEight
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wEight »

Anyone? Would it at least work when hosting a dedicated server on a virtual machine?

NoriSilverrage
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by NoriSilverrage »

Dedicated server is pretty much always your best bet. For just two people I'm thinking a really low resource server would be just fine.

As far as the trouble on your computer. All I can really tell you is that all the methods posted on this thread should work when setup properly. So there is likely something on your computer or router that is configured wrong or is just blocking the signal. Trying to setup the server on another computer might help you narrow down the issue.

Return to “Technical Help”