New to Factorio two questions

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
DEATH
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

New to Factorio two questions

Post by DEATH »

Hello!

new player here (great game btw),

my savefile was for version x.28 then the game updated to x.29, is there anyway to make it "move" to the new version? or do i just start over?

second question is, is there any known way to enable super sampling with nvidia hardware? NVM, just enabling 4x4 super sampling in nvidia inspector worked.

MalcolmCooks
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: New to Factorio two questions

Post by MalcolmCooks »

no, factorio updates frequently, mostly small changes and bugfixes, and save files are (in my experience since 0.10.12) always preserved. Some changes between major updates might require you to redesign parts of your factory and then you might decide it will be easier to start a new game, but the save file will still be playable. Only time it won't be playable is if you try to use an earlier version of factorio.

SWSe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SWSe »

True, you can simply load your save again, it will automatically be converted to the new version. That's usually no problem at all.
However, I believe you won't be able to use the replay feature for this save if the game had different versions across the save's lifetime. I'm not sure why that's the case, but it's no big deal to most people, I guess.

If your save isn't shown anymore at all, that's unusual. It should still be there.

Also, there is no x.29,
Current version is 0.12.28 :)

DEATH
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DEATH »

Thanks for the answers!

Return to “Technical Help”