Crash on startup - "unexpected error ocurred"

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Fredyx2000
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Crash on startup - "unexpected error ocurred"

Post by Fredyx2000 »

The game crash without reason at the startup
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(3.48 KiB) Downloaded 168 times

Krayt
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Crash on startup - "unexpected error ocurred"

Post by Krayt »

It seems like this "cracked" version of the game doesn't run properly. Please consider testing whether it works with the "official" Demo or buy the version from factorio.com or Steam.

Have a look into this topic as well: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21386

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

I assume there is no config.ini in the game directory as it wouldn't be created if the game never loaded up properly.

In the game's folder ("[www.mpc-g.com]Fctr0.12.26x64") create subdirectory "config" and inside it create text file named "config.ini" with contents:

Code: Select all

[graphics]
force-opengl=false
max-texture-size=4096
and see if the game loads.

Fredyx2000
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Fredyx2000 »

Krayt wrote:It seems like this "cracked" version of the game doesn't run properly. Please consider testing whether it works with the "official" Demo or buy the version from factorio.com or Steam.

Have a look into this topic as well: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21386

... I played a cracked version for test the game, sorry for that, but pay 20usd for a game that in the moment that i knew it i was like :/ wtf is this. but actually i love the game and i have bought the steam version.
And btw, if the programm "Action", a software that record videos of game, running and try to run the game it crash.
Sorry for english

Return to “Technical Help”