Mods not working in Steam Release

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
InSicK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Mods not working in Steam Release

Post by InSicK »

Hey guys,

Excited as I was to hear that Factorio was on Steam finally I wanted to download a few mods and play some Factorio so I downloaded 8 mods in total and created a mod folder in the newly made directory in Steam. I copied al of the zips for the mods there and was ready to go. Only when I got into the game and wanted to check if all mods were enabled the game told me that I apparently only had one mod.

To be fair I have to mention that this mod was the only mod I was using before the Steam release so that might have something to do with it. Did I make a mistake in installing the mods? Or is there currently a bug with the Steam Release?

I will put a list of the mods and the one that is working in the spoiler below.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Mods

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Mods not working in Steam Release

Post by Smarty »

mods go in the application directory
\AppData\Roaming\Factorio

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by prg »

Mods go into the same place as always: %appdata%\factorio by default. If you already had Factorio installed and working with mods you don't need to create a new directory, just use the old one.
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

InSicK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by InSicK »

I uninstalled Factorio and reinstalled it using Steam. So I thought the old directory wouldn't exist anymore. I was wrong. Thank you guys for your help. I was able to solve my problem.

shunsicker1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by shunsicker1 »

Okay I seem to be a newb when it comes to installing mods? I tried following these instructions and the mods I am trying to install are still not loading. I'm trying to install Bob's mobs. I think there's like 12 maybe? I put them in %appdata%\Factorio, and they are still not loading. I'm running windows 7 64 bit and Steam 64 Bit Factorio if that matters.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Try %APPDATA%\Factorio\mods :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Technical Help”