Download stuck at 89%

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
dkistheedge
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Download stuck at 89%

Post by dkistheedge »

NOTE: This is for the steam version!
I've been having some problems with the loading screen of factorio for Steam.
For some unknown reason the loading for the game stops at 89%.
I've tried waiting for it for about half an hour, but as expected, no progress.
I'm running Win 7 Enterprise with 4GB of RAM on a laptop + an AMD APU.
It's not that big of a deal, but i wanted to use Workshop when 0.13 comes out.
Thanks for quick response!

Tidos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Download stuck at 89%

Post by Tidos »

Hi dkistheedge,

i want to help you but something is confusing to me. Do you mean the download in the steam library or the the initial loading of the the game when your start it? You are writing "Download" in the title (thats not loading on the start) and describe the "loading screen" in your post. If you mean the initial loading on the start then have you tried to check and repair the game in steam? If it is not working then you can give us the content of the log file (C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\factorio-current.log).

It would be nice if you can give us your full pc specs too. The model name of your cpu interest me or do you have a dedicated gpu?

dkistheedge
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dkistheedge »

Oh, sorry i forgot to edit the title. I meant the loading screen for the game, not the download. As for my GPU/CPU I am running an integrated graphics card (a10 8700B r6 w/10 compute cores). Also, where would i find the repair option for the game in Steam? (EDIT: i tried the repair/check and did not work, also tried to re-install the game, also did not work. Also, i couldn't find the log in the roaming folder nor the Steam local files.)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Would you please post a dxdiag ? I suspect insufficent vram.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Technical Help”