Problems with multiplayer

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Ringkeeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Problems with multiplayer

Post by Ringkeeper »

Hi,

my wife and i play together in local network. Today we tried to continua our save game. She could not join because of mod mismatch ( i had downloaded couple more). So i deactivated all , except the ones we used in the save, restarted the game completely and load the save. Still she couldn't join.

Then she started a new multiplayer game and i couldn't join. We had still the same mods active . Then i closed the game and moved the deactivated mods into a separate folder. After that it worked.

Is there a easier way except having multiple factorio installations?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Problems with multiplayer

Post by Loewchen »

You have to restart factorio after activating/deactivating mods, as only the starting sequence actually loads them.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

In the next update Factorio will restart automatically when change enabled mods in menu.
Related bug report: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 30&t=20026

Ringkeeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ringkeeper »

Loewchen wrote:You have to restart factorio after activating/deactivating mods, as only the starting sequence actually loads them.
as i wrote already, i did restart the game. Multiple times. Only removing the deactivated mods from the folder helped.

Return to “Technical Help”