System requirements

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
UltrAgejmr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

System requirements

Post by UltrAgejmr »

Can you reduce system requirements? Sometimes I have lags. :( Does anyone else have lags?

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: System requirements

Post by TuckJohn »

This game can run an almost any PC without lagging, as long as your factory is not insanely large.
What are your computer's specs?
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

Alekthefirst
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Alekthefirst »

Build enough and in the end even people running OC'd 6700k's and quad titan X's lag. This isn't some First Person Shooter that resets the map after 30 minutes when your match is done, this is factorio, a game where players spend hundreds of hours adding stuff to a single savegame, and every one of those pieces added to the map eat just a little more CPU, until you either decide that UPS doesnt mean shit, or that your old AMD Athlon CPU may be in need of replacing.

Im not implying that your computer is shit, btw. It's just that i suspect many people see the 2D graphics of Factorio and think: "Hey, this game will run fine even on that old laptop i bought in 2006!"
Factorio is a game about automating everything. One day, i hope i can automate shitty signatures just like this one.

Hakusho
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hakusho »

Are we even really talking about lag?
Or are we talking about low fps/stuttering?

Maybe some examples (factory sizes) or computer specs could help to measure the dimensions

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Moved from general.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TuckJohn »

Hakusho wrote:Are we even really talking about lag?
Or are we talking about low fps/stuttering?
I have a pet peve of distinguishing the two when talking with, say, other people I am playing with as they are two very different things and have very different solutions.
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

Hakusho
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hakusho »

TuckJohn wrote:I have a pet peve of distinguishing the two when talking with, say, other people I am playing with as they are two very different things and have very different solutions.
It is just for identifying the Problem. A bad internet connection might not cause the game to have lower fps, but it might still cause lags ingame.
For me it was not 100% clear, thought things might get mixed up.

Return to “Technical Help”