[12.12]Can´t start Headless Server

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Hudson
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[12.12]Can´t start Headless Server

Post by Hudson »

Hi

i can´t start headless server on Debian.

Code: Select all

ServerLinux:/home/factorio/factorio/bin/x64# ./factorio --start-server
-bash: ./factorio: Kann die Binärdatei nicht ausführen: Fehler im Format der Programmdatei
Please help

CU Hudson

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [12.12]Can´t start Headless Server

Post by daniel34 »

The reason you're getting this error is that you're not on Debian x64, you're on a different architecture.
If you are on Debian 32-bit, use the 32-bit Factorio build.
Factorio doesn't run on other architectures like arm (raspberry pi).

If you're unsure what architecture of Debian is installed, run the command

uname -a
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Hudson
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hudson »

daniel34 wrote:The reason you're getting this error is that you're not on Debian x64, you're on a different architecture.
If you are on Debian 32-bit, use the 32-bit Factorio build.
Factorio doesn't run on other architectures like arm (raspberry pi).

If you're unsure what architecture of Debian is installed, run the command

uname -a

Thanks for this info

> uname -a
Linux ServerLinux 3.16.0-4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt11-1+deb8u3 (2015-08-04) i686 GNU/Linux

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by prg »

FYI it would be useful to post non-localised error messages. You can get those by prefixing the command with LC_ALL=C.

$ ls sfdfsdfs
ls: Zugriff auf sfdfsdfs nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
$ LC_ALL=C ls sfdfsdfs
ls: cannot access sfdfsdfs: No such file or directory
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

Hudson
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hudson »

prg wrote:FYI it would be useful to post non-localised error messages. You can get those by prefixing the command with LC_ALL=C.

$ ls sfdfsdfs
ls: Zugriff auf sfdfsdfs nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
$ LC_ALL=C ls sfdfsdfs
ls: cannot access sfdfsdfs: No such file or directory

Here it is :

root@ServerLinux:/home/factorio/factorio# LC_ALL=C ls factorio
ls: cannot access factorio: No such file or directory

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by prg »

Hudson wrote:Here it is :

root@ServerLinux:/home/factorio/factorio# LC_ALL=C ls factorio
ls: cannot access factorio: No such file or directory
Uhm, I meant the original command, i.e. ./factorio, the ls thing was just an example. Also, we've already figured out what the issue is, so this was just something to keep in mind for later.
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Headless binaries are only 64bit. We generally want to slowly move from 32bit builds (because they cause some extra problems), and thought that headless releases are a perfect candidate for a first step. If your machine has X libraries, you can use the regular 32bit binares (they will run exactly the same, the difference is that headless releases are smaller (no images) and they don't require the libraries to run.

Hustenloeser
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hustenloeser »

Hello there,

I have an additional Question concernen this topic and based on the quality of your answer I'm pretty sure, there will be another high quality answer :)

I have an Debian 32 Root Server, too. And I want to run a factorio Server on it.

I bought factorio on steam and unfortunately, I can only download the 32-Demo Versions of factorio or the 64-Bit Headless from your website. The Demo-Version doesn't have "--start-server" option. The 64-Bit-Headless is not runnable.

Is there a way to run a factorio server on my 32-bit Debian, without buying the game a second time (directly from your website)?

Thanks and best regards

Hustenloeser

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Hustenloeser wrote:Hello there,

I have an additional Question concernen this topic and based on the quality of your answer I'm pretty sure, there will be another high quality answer :)

I have an Debian 32 Root Server, too. And I want to run a factorio Server on it.

I bought factorio on steam and unfortunately, I can only download the 32-Demo Versions of factorio or the 64-Bit Headless from your website. The Demo-Version doesn't have "--start-server" option. The 64-Bit-Headless is not runnable.

Is there a way to run a factorio server on my 32-bit Debian, without buying the game a second time (directly from your website)?

Thanks and best regards

Hustenloeser
You can just download the regular (non-headless) 32bit version with your normal login (or take it from steam) and copy it to your server, there is no need to buy the game again. We don't provide 32bit headless because 1) it's work 2) takes up server space 3) people should move to 64bit anyway :-)

Return to “Technical Help”