Help with Factorio 0.12.11

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
speedy45
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Help with Factorio 0.12.11

Post by speedy45 »

hi just wondering why I getting this error when I update from 0.12.10 to 0.12.11:
Also to note to you this happening to all my mods I have install.
Attachments
screenshot.JPG
screenshot.JPG (16.05 KiB) Viewed 4802 times

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Help with Factorio 0.12.11

Post by daniel34 »

The update to 0.12.11 has broken most of the mods because they changed some parts of the LUA scripting, see https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =3&t=17087
FactorioBot wrote:Warning: Most of the mods will be broken by this release, most of the problems can be solved by find and replace of "game.on_" to "script.on_" in the mod script files.
[...]
Lua API calls on_load, on_init, on_configuration_changed, on_event and generate_event_name have been moved to a new namespace called script (so from now use script.on_load(...)). This will break many mods! The callback registered in on_load function doesn't have access to the game API. This is to avoid common desyncs. The on_init and on_configuration_changed still retain the access to the game API.
You can go back to 0.12.10 or wait until all the mods you're using are updated to work with 0.12.11 (or change them yourself if you know how).
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

speedy45
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Help with Factorio 0.12.11

Post by speedy45 »

oh ok thanks I will go back to 0,12,10 and wait until the mods I download are update to 0.12.11.

Return to “Technical Help”