Game stuck at noon (12:00)

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Game stuck at noon (12:00)

Post by Peter34 »

A long-lasting SP game (45+ hours) with a bunch of mods seems to have its time stuck at 12:00 noon now (using the EvoGUI mod to display the time, but even without that display I can observe with my own eyes that it never gets dark).

In the Electric Network interface, I can see that going back to the 10H display, the last very roughly 20%, or 15% or 25% maybe, are one straight line of Solar Panel power production, so this constant-noon thing has been going on for roughly 2 hours.

None of the mods I'm using are meant to do anything to the passage of time. The only one doing anything with time is EvoGUI, and all that does is to display the time, it doesn't change anything.

Biter Evolution also appears to be stuck at 99.1%, although given that there might be asymptotic increase towards 100%, that might not mean anything.

Still, what can I do to diagnose this problem? Any relevant console commands? The game worked fine for the first 42-43 hours of play.

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Game stuck at noon (12:00)

Post by prg »

Did game.always_day get set to true somehow?
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

prg wrote:Did game.always_day get set to true somehow?
I was wondering about that. Is there a console command for me to "ask" the game if it's set to true?

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

I did launch a rocket, and then click "continue". But I think that was quite a bit more than 2-3 hours ago, in terms of in-game time. Also I've never heard that launching a rocket should cause time to freeze at noon.

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by prg »

Code: Select all

game.player.print(tostring(game.always_day))
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

I started a new game, and that seems to be stuck at noon too.

Furthermore, I start the game with a bunch of extra equipment, and none of my mods are supposed to gift me anything at gamestart (or later).

I'll try uninstalling, then re-installing the game, see if that helps, but I'd still like to hear about any console commands that lets me inquire about what always_day is set to.

Vin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vin »

Peter34 wrote:I'd still like to hear about any console commands that lets me inquire about what always_day is set to.
prg wrote:

Post above you.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

prg wrote:

What is supposed to happen when I use this command? I don't get an error message from the console, but I don't get any other kind of message either.

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by prg »

This should print either "true" or "false". You need to execute console commands with "/c" or what you type just results in a chat message.

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

place a /c in front of it.

/c means command. Without it, it is chat :)

Return to “Technical Help”