How can I up my FPS? What should I optimize?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
GenericKen
Inserter
Inserter

How can I up my FPS? What should I optimize?

Post by GenericKen »

So my simulation has settled into a consistent 20-30 fps for my mega factory. What should I do to bring it up again?

I've turned on fullscreen and turned off vsync and upped the thread count to 4, and none of them seemed to do anything to the framerate.

My machine was top of the line like 6 years ago - what should I upgrade for the sake of this game?
i7 920 quad core (8 virtual) 2.67 GHz
8GB ram, Win 7 64 bit
nVidia GeForce GTS 240 (1GB)

I've attached the debug screenshot - I'm not exactly sure how to read it. As best as I can figure, it's spending 30ms on "Entity update" - hence, 30fps. Not sure what the breakdown is, nor why adding threads doesn't help the update rate.

I could attach the savegame too, if you like.
Attachments
fps.png
fps.png (3.12 MiB) Viewed 2737 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How can I up my FPS? What should I optimize?

Post by orzelek »

I'm not sure you can do much to help with this.
Entity update is basically going through all the stuff you have and making sure that it's working - all the belts, assemblies, inserters etc.

It was optimized a lot in 0.12 but to make it better you basically need a CPU with more horse power in single thread.

Return to “Technical Help”