Random freeze

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Floreit
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Random freeze

Post by Floreit »

When playing on 11.22? latest ver before .12 came out, and on all 3 versions of .12, i will begin to lag every 5 seconds and it will freeze for either a second or half a second...This wouldn't be so bad if it didnt also mess up quick transport placement while running and holding down the mouse button, same for power pole placement......and of course combat.

So far the only fix i got is to restart my computer, which is one of the most annoying things to do on this box because that can take upward of 10-30 minutes depending on the mobo and hard drives mood at the time.

This only happens when the computer has been on for a while (ill play fine for several hours, if i close it and play another game, it will begin to show issues when i come back to it).

This has been very annoying, and im actually starting to hold off on playing factorio because i do not feel like going through the restart time praying my hard drive is in a good mood.

I normally play modded (dytech mainly) but i have opened up a complete vanilla game (different install location as well, same HDD) and i still get the freezes, although i get a little more time before the stutters(freezes). This also effects multiplayer as well, where if anyone in the map is having stutters, EVERYONE has stutters regardless if they are host or not the host.

specs
Win 7 64 bit
32 gigs of ram 1600
nvidia gtx 660
i7-3770

If you want any more information let me know and i will supply it depending on the information you need.

Any help would be appreciated.

Return to “Technical Help”