Error on Arch Linux

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Eadword
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Error on Arch Linux

Post by Eadword »

I just downloaded the demo, but am unable to get it to run. After unzipping it, I ran ./factorio from the /bin/x64 directory and it gave the following output:

Code: Select all

0.000 2015-05-24 16:26:41; Factorio 0.11.22 (Build 14011, linux64)
   0.000 Operating system: Linux
   0.000 Read data path: /storage/matthew/Desktop/factorio/data
   0.000 Write data path: /storage/matthew/Desktop/factorio
   0.000 Binaries path: /storage/matthew/Desktop/factorio/bin
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  154 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  24 (X_GLXCreateNewContext)
  Value in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  18
  Current serial number in output stream:  19
Hopefully this is helpful:

pacman -Q | grep -i -e libgl -e nvidia -e nouveau

lib32-nvidia-libgl 352.09-1
lib32-nvidia-utils 352.09-1
libglade 2.6.4-5
nvidia 352.09-1
nvidia-libgl 352.09-1
nvidia-utils 352.09-1
xf86-video-nouveau 1.0.11-3
I am able to use other games through steam without any problems (well, except This War of Mine since they have not recompiled for the new libc) so I imagine it is specific to the game. I am running 64-bit Antergos and am relatively up to date, additional information about installed packages I can provide as needed.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Error on Arch Linux

Post by sillyfly »

Eadword
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Eadword »

I do not think that applies since I have a GTX 770, which is new enough to qualify for the generic nvidia package. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NVIDIA#Installing

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by prg »

Is this some kind of Optimus situation? Is there an Intel GPU around that could interfere?

You seem to be using the blob drivers. Does glxinfo agree this is working?

The Steam games are probably 32bit, while you tried 64bit Factorio. Can you confirm that other 64bit games are working? Can you try 32bit Factorio?

You could also give nouveau a try, it should mostly work on Kepler cards (if it isn't one of those unfortunate GK106M or whatever it was that doesn't come up) but no idea how hard it is to switch things around on Arch.
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

Eadword
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Eadword »

OK, first things first, yes I have an intel processor, no it is not being used that I know of.

[eadword@antergos ~]$ lspci | grep VGA
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK104 [GeForce GTX 770] (rev a1)
[eadword@antergos ~]$ find /dev -group video
/dev/dri/card0
/dev/fb0
[eadword@antergos ~]$ glxinfo | grep -i vendor
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  154 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  24 (X_GLXCreateNewContext)
  Value in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  42
  Current serial number in output stream:  43
The GLX info command I had to install from the AUR, so that might be part of the problem.

Also, you are right about many steam games being 32-bit, though I am fairly certin that there were a couple I had which were not, however I do not see how checking would be of use since 32-bit factorio has the same error on my system as 64-bit.

Also, I had nouveau to begin with, and the problems I was experiencing are why I went for the nvidia drivers.

Eadword
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Eadword »

I feel really stupid right now, I just updated everything, restarted, and it works. Suppose I needed to pay more attention to the IT Crowd. Anyway, thank you for your help.

Return to “Technical Help”