Invalid RealOrientation 48.912842 when loading an autosave

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
black_sky
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Invalid RealOrientation 48.912842 when loading an autosave

Post by black_sky »

The game crashed and now loading the autosave gives the error above. I searched here and one recommendation was to do a memtest to flush out ram, but I am not sure how to do that (or check for mobo drivers). I couldn't install the installer for memtest because it was for flash drives?

Other files do work. The file is pretty large, I've had other issues (like this map errorering out and quitting) but this is the first time for this error. An potentailly related note is that for a while now factorio does not sync with steam cloud saves, and I don't know how to fix that either; I know 1 issue/post but this may be relevant since I can play from local saves at least.

I attached the lastest save. I have no mods installed (one last hoorah before the expansion)
Attachments
_autosave2.zip
(98.01 MiB) Downloaded 10 times

black_sky
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Invalid RealOrientation 48.912842 when loading an autosave

Post by black_sky »

restarting my computer DOES avoid the error; so something temporary...Although i loaded from a previous non-autosave file. So that could be relevant also.

black_sky
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by black_sky »

The game crashed again after ~45 min of play with the same error. the log file is attached. I wasn't doing anything crazy; just making a blueprint. I COULD load my auto save and then do a hard file save (my autosave is every 4 minute).
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(13.38 KiB) Downloaded 18 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Memtest86 does require a flash drive to use. Based off your random issues it sounds like your RAM or CPU are failing. You’ll continue to get these random errors until the underlying hardware issue is fixed.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Technical Help”