Little help

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Galunoth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Little help

Post by Galunoth »

Hello everyone

I encounter a minor problem (if I dare say so) in my dialog box, I get this message LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.. I don't really see where is the "problem": my game seems to work. I would like to tell you a little more but I don't know how to do it or the source of this message.
Do you think you can help me?

thank you

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Little help

Post by Qon »

Galunoth wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:17 pm
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid..
Check if entity is valid before doing other things with it, every event. This error happens if you have a LuaEntity that has become invalid (like an entity deleted from the surface) while you keep hold a reference to it and try to do something with it after it became invalid. So if it's in local "entity" then only work with the object "if entity.valid then" etc.

Galunoth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Galunoth »

The problem is that even if I don't move and/or do nothing I get this message

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Well, that is your problem, not mine. Lua code can of course execute even if you don't do anything, so that isn't very relevant.

If you don't share any more information about the error message and mod code that you are running then you will have to solve it by yourself. Good luck!

Galunoth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Galunoth »

Qon wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:36 pm
Well, that is your problem, not mine. Lua code can of course execute even if you don't do anything, so that isn't very relevant.

If you don't share any more information about the error message and mod code that you are running then you will have to solve it by yourself. Good luck!
Above all, I don't know what else to tell you... What do you want? My mod list? I can give it to you. My error logs? I don't know how to share them with you. I don't even know where to find them.

However, when I read your message, I feel a little annoyed. Thank you for your message, and above all thank you for your involvement/kindness.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Galunoth wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:30 pm
The problem is that even if I don't move and/or do nothing I get this message
You mean you are not the modder, you are a player who receive an error message in the console and you don't know what to do with it ?

You can share your save game game on this forum using the attachements tab , this will allow other players to see which mods you are using, supposedly it has to be reported to the author of the mod, but if you don't know which one is causing the message, you may need help to find it.

You could try loading your savegame with half of the mod active only, to see if the error still occur, and try the other half, then a quarter and a 1/8 to narrow it down so as to identify it yourself too , but it may not work if the error is caused by an unfortunate interaction.

Edit : to find the savegame you need to follow instruction on the wiki : https://wiki.factorio.com/Application_directory
The logs would also show the mod list the link describe how to access them

Galunoth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Galunoth »

Thanks mmmPI.

I'll try that, and get back to you if necessary.

Galunoth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Galunoth »

I encounter the same problem without having installed a mod.

The problem occurs when I convert a save into a scenario and start a new game.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Open a new topic following 52433.

Return to “Technical Help”