Crash on controller disconnect

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
IronyIsGood
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Crash on controller disconnect

Post by IronyIsGood »

My game crashes when my Dualshock 4 (PS4 controller) is disconnected. What do you need from me to help solve the issue?

IronyIsGood
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Crash on controller disconnect

Post by IronyIsGood »

What did you do?: Most likely I jostled the controller cable too much.
What happened?: The game told me that it ran into an error and had to close and asked me if I wanted to open the log folder. Then when I answered it (and it didn't really matter which answer I gave) it closed the game.
What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!: Well I wouldn't expect a disconnecting controller or a faulty controller connection to crash a game but it did it anyway.
Does it happen always, once, or sometimes?: It happens randomly immediately after the controller has been moved not every time though.
If you can reproduce the issue provide the exact steps!: Deliberately trying to cause crashes by repeatedly plugging and unplugging the controller seems to cause lag spikes but nothing else. I can't crash it on purpose.
Edit forgot version number: 1.1.104 (build 62119, win64, steam)
Is there anything else needed? Sorry if I missed anything.
Attachments
factorio-current copy.rtf
(109.78 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

Return to “Technical Help”