[1.1.104] Crash loading save: "Unexpected error occurred"

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
kaaangw
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.104] Crash loading save: "Unexpected error occurred"

Post by kaaangw »

Hello guys,

My save seems to crash the game when clicking on play.
Here is my log file, as well as my save, and my mods list. There problem is the same on the 3 autosaves, and doesn't happen on a 50 HOUR old save.
Also, is there any way to extract the map from the save I can't open, and put it on a brand new? I'm okay with this as long as I don't have to do the edits I did for 50 hours.

Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
mod-list.json
(5.63 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
factorio-current.log
(1.16 MiB) Downloaded 13 times
EVROPA corr.zip
(16.8 MiB) Downloaded 12 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.104] Crash loading save: "Unexpected error occurred"

Post by Rseding91 »

Save corruption is almost exclusively related to failing hardware so you will want to get that fixed first otherwise this will just keep happening. The most common one being failing RAM. https://www.memtest.org/
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

kaaangw
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kaaangw »

Rseding91 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:20 pm
Save corruption is almost exclusively related to failing hardware so you will want to get that fixed first otherwise this will just keep happening. The most common one being failing RAM. https://www.memtest.org/
Thank you for the reply, I'll look for it.

By the way, is there a method to recover my map? I mean, the 3 autosaves are also unopenable, and when I open it it's not written "corrupted save" it's just this crash. My last copy of save on a usb drive is 50 hours ago.

For example this, seems like it's possible to recover this map if enough effort is needed...
viewtopic.php?t=98509

Edit : doesn't seem to be hardware-related

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Just FYI: A passing test doesn't mean it's not hardware related. It just means that test didn't find any issues.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

kaaangw wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:49 pm
By the way, is there a method to recover my map? I mean, the 3 autosaves are also unopenable, and when I open it it's not written "corrupted save" it's just this crash. My last copy of save on a usb drive is 50 hours ago.

For example this, seems like it's possible to recover this map if enough effort is needed...
viewtopic.php?t=98509
It is theoretically possible but we have don't have time to sit and fixing peoples maps that their computers are breaking. If someone finds an issue with the game corrupting saves we will of course fix the game so it doesn't do that.

kaaangw
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kaaangw »

Rseding91 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:43 pm
kaaangw wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:49 pm

viewtopic.php?t=98509
It is theoretically possible but we have don't have time to sit and fixing peoples maps that their computers are breaking. If someone finds an issue with the game corrupting saves we will of course fix the game so it doesn't do that.
Thank you for the information, I'll search by myself. Could you please at least give me an idea on the method to search the corruption and fix it?

Return to “Technical Help”