[1.1.104-0]Unable to Load Game: Stating "Invalid Bool Loaded from input File"

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
LaaLaa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.104-0]Unable to Load Game: Stating "Invalid Bool Loaded from input File"

Post by LaaLaa »

Apparently, my file might be corrupt.

I've had around 800 Hours in this and 130 Hours since the last save. I'm hoping there is something to be done.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n63ExZ ... drive_link is the Save file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AGpU4o ... drive_link is the file I manually saved.

The log file when opening the files are linked.

I just closed the game after having saved it. It was saved fine. My Steam cloud save was off.

I'm not sure why the autosaves are corrupt as they were saved separately an hour before.

Any help or fix would be amazing
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(228.59 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.104-0]Unable to Load Game: Stating "Invalid Bool Loaded from input File"

Post by Rseding91 »

Every known case of save files getting corrupt in this way has been traced back to bad and or failing hardware (typically bad RAM). Try running this https://www.memtest.org/
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

LaaLaa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.104-0]Unable to Load Game: Stating "Invalid Bool Loaded from input File"

Post by LaaLaa »

I'll Run the test tomorrow, Will this fix the save? I was about 25 hours away from completing the SE run :( at the moment I've found a save that works from 620ish hours in so that's something. Thanks for the quick reply.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

LaaLaa wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:28 am
I'll Run the test tomorrow, Will this fix the save? I was about 25 hours away from completing the SE run :( at the moment I've found a save that works from 620ish hours in so that's something. Thanks for the quick reply.
it will not. The save is unknown amounts of corrupt. The error you get is simply the first place the game was able to detect a corruption.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

LaaLaa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LaaLaa »

Is there any way I'm able to view where the save has broken? or would that mean un-compiling the save and then working to save it from there?

The log doesn't give too much info to reference against is all :D

Thanks again for your response :D

LaaLaa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LaaLaa »

I'm guessing I can't Fix this issue myself as it would require the Source Code which I'm not going to have, for obvious reasons.

I added verbose logging as I didn't realize that was an option before.

Any help here would be amazing.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(287.11 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

LaaLaa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LaaLaa »

If anyone could help here that would be great. thanks guys :D

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

You can't fix the save. The best you can do is just check your hardware out, make sure everything is good (use that software that was linked to you earlier, but make sure to let it run for several iterations), maybe try disabling any overclocking you have going if you have any, and move on.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Technical Help”