[1.1.104] invalid bool loaded from input file. file could be corrupted

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Zeee009
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.104] invalid bool loaded from input file. file could be corrupted

Post by Zeee009 »

I was playing the game as per normal with very few mods. I am 540 odd hours in the game and really dont want to lose my save.
soon as I load any of the saves of my current game I get the "invalid bool loaded from input file. file could be corrupted"
which = my (Bar-Deathworld) save and also the autosaves 1 2 and 3

I load my OLD saves I no longer play and they load no problems. Just my current saves im playing.
I dont know what to look for in the DMP file but I have tried opening it with WinDbg and dont really know what im looking for.
Can anyone please assist me I would be forever greatful. Im really enjoying this save and If I lose it I will just feel so discouraged to start all over.
540 odd hours is alot to lose.

Please let me know if you require me to upload a logfile or the DMP file or even the save file.
your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Z

Zeee009
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.104] invalid bool loaded from input file. file could be corrupted

Post by Zeee009 »

Please, any info or help would be appreciated.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

At the bottom of this useful page you can find links that describe what you should upload on the forum to help people help you, dump, logs, save file and so on.

You should post them as attachement but maybe the save game will be too big and would require 3rd party host.

Zeee009
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zeee009 »

Here is the DMP file and log file along with the save.
apologies its my first time posting and once again much appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FdGh2_ ... drive_link
Attachments
factorio-dump-previous.dmp
(1.07 MiB) Downloaded 13 times
factorio-current.log
(8.61 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

I don't know how to fix the problem of corrupted save nor the chances that it is possible but i know without the save game the chances are 0%.

Hopefully someone more informed can provide help, in any case welcome to the forum :)

Zeee009
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zeee009 »

I know a guy similar to my situation on here was helped and they fixed his save. Im hoping they can fix mine too.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

I checked this save file and there seems to be exactly one flip inside of PumpControlBehavior for pump at {908.5, 614.0}: PumpControlBehavior says connectToLogisticNetwork == 8 which is not a valid boolean value. Given it is outside of roboport range and pumps nearby have this option disabled i forced this to value to be `false`.

Fixed save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JPtXJx ... sp=sharing

I see no reason how could this be caused by the game itself. Please verify your hardware is stable, i am not a huge fan of fixing save files broken due to unstable hardware.

Zeee009
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zeee009 »

@boskid thank you so much man I have no words im speachless but THANK YOU!

I can confirm your save works and everything looks good.
as for the hardware im not sure what is exactly wrong but I will investigate and try see what hardware is faulty.

Thanks again.
Cheers
Zeee

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Knowing this is coming from hardware, i would not trust the autosave as much and keep instead incremented save on such computer, for safety , from now on :)

I don't know where to document if i wanted to diagnose such problem on a savegame. @boskid : is this something average/experimented player can do themselves so as to not waste precious dev time ? Is there some (simple) steps to follow to diagnose a save when one suspect/knows there is hardware instability or is going to be difficult even for modders with good knowledge of the game internal working even for a single bit flip ?

Zeee009
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zeee009 »

I don't know where to document if i wanted to diagnose such problem on a savegame. @boskid : is this something average/experimented player can do themselves so as to not waste precious dev time ? Is there some (simple) steps to follow to diagnose a save when one suspect/knows there is hardware instability or is going to be difficult even for modders with good knowledge of the game internal working even for a single bit flip ?

This would be a very good idea as to not bother the dev time. Just mention the software uses and a few tips on finding the fault and we should be able to fix future issues on our own. Still very grateful for the devs help. Much appreciated

Return to “Technical Help”