[1.1.104] Game freezes after 1-2 mins of play

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
jagr_200
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.104] Game freezes after 1-2 mins of play

Post by jagr_200 »

So this is a headless server save. But it freezes on the headless server and when I run the game locally it crashes. I can play it for about 1-2 minutes and then it freezes. I can "wait for program to respond" for hours and it never unlocks.

This is a large world that for some reason I was unable to get into for a long time. I came back and it was overrun with biters. I cleared them from the save thinking that was overloading the file but it didn't help. Watching my computer processes nothing spikes. Computer is never above 50% utilization.

No matter what I do the game freezes in 1-2 mins max. Likely quicker. I can hide map chunks, delete chunks, anything and everything to lighten the load and it still crashes. I would be happy to provide more files or data as requested but I think I have provided everything for now.
Attachments
Server3.zip
(93.47 MiB) Downloaded 10 times
factorio-previous.log
(79.39 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
factorio-current.log
(86.61 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.104] Game freezes after 1-2 mins of play

Post by Rseding91 »

You left the save file running for too long and hit the tick limit (2.26~ years).
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

This will also be extended come 2.0 to "2.37 million years' worth of ticks".
https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-388
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

jagr_200
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jagr_200 »

Rseding91 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:22 pm
You left the save file running for too long and hit the tick limit (2.26~ years).
Wait.... Thats a thing?! That is so depressing. This map has been so fun. Ugh.

Any way to manually change that?

I guess this got me to update my bios and everything lol

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

jagr_200 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:40 pm
Rseding91 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:22 pm
Wait.... Thats a thing?! That is so depressing. This map has been so fun. Ugh.

Any way to manually change that?

I guess this got me to update my bios and everything lol
Well, yeah. :) The game works based on an incrementing tick count. Unfortunately, it can't count to infinity. ;) It was also mentioned in another thread (this one: viewtopic.php?f=230&t=107837) that they hadn't anticipated the maps being run for that long, so I imagine they also didn't plan their systems around when the count overflows.

There are a few different ways to reset your map and tick count, but there are issues with each method. There should be a number of threads around here on it.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Technical Help”