Computer freezes when playing Factorio

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
MistiksMamont
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Computer freezes when playing Factorio

Post by MistiksMamont »

Here is the latest data. this time, the game just got up, which is not scary at all, but still maybe it will be clear what the problem is.
About the drivers. All the hardware is new with new drivers. The system is also new. I've already spent about $1,000. Now I'm going to try to play with a closed Discord
Attachments
player-data.json
(7.24 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
factorio-current.log
(58.97 KiB) Downloaded 15 times

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

I would try non-steam version too, with no particular causal reasonning in mind, just to continue ruling some things out. I wouldn't bet on my own hypothesis, but they are also things that cost no money to try.

MistiksMamont
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MistiksMamont »

mmmPI wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:04 am
I would try non-steam version too, with no particular causal reasonning in mind, just to continue ruling some things out. I wouldn't bet on my own hypothesis, but they are also things that cost no money to try.
I tried the non-Steam version even before buying the game on Steam, there is the same situation.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

MistiksMamont wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:14 am
About the drivers. All the hardware is new with new drivers. The system is also new.
It's still possible for the drivers or something else to be corrupt. I ran into such an issue myself some years back with my graphics drivers on a clean, fresh install of Windows. On my first install of the drivers, they somehow were corrupted, and an uninstall/reinstall didn't fix it. It actually took me using the Display Drivers Uninstaller (DDU) tool found online to fix it.

Just wanted to put that out there.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

MistiksMamont
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MistiksMamont »

Enabled kernel isolation from windows. As a result, I played all day yesterday without any problems. I'll see what happens next, if it holds out like this, then everything was probably easier. But it still means that somehow the game involved the core and caused division by zero. I do not know if you will understand through the translator what I wanted to say by this, I am more than sure that NOT))

Return to “Technical Help”