Computer freezes when playing Factorio

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
MistiksMamont
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Computer freezes when playing Factorio

Post by MistiksMamont »

Проблема в том что Faktorio просто напросто стопорит комп. он встает из колонок писк, и все не отвечает не на что только кнопка перезапуска помогает. единственный дамп с ошибкой который создался каким то чудом она не остановила один раз из тысячи подобных случаев комп и создала дамп с ошибкой прикрепляю, железо у меня удовлетворяет требование игры полностью ( все рабочие прогнал все тесты своего железа)
Процессора 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K
Оперативка 32гб
Видеокарта RX580
Играть просто невозможно иногда может проработать пару часов а иногда даже 1 минуты не работает сразу крашит комп!

The problem is that Faktorio simply freezes the computer. It starts squeaking from the speakers, and still doesn’t respond, nothing but the restart button helps. the only dump with an error that was created by some miracle, she did not stop the computer once out of a thousand similar cases and created a dump with an error, I attach it, my hardware satisfies the requirements of the game completely (all the workers ran all the tests on their hardware)
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K
RAM 32GB
Video card RX580
It’s simply impossible to play, sometimes it can work for a couple of hours and sometimes even 1 minute doesn’t work and immediately crashes the computer!
Attachments
factorio-dump-previous.dmp
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 15 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Computer freezes when playing Factorio

Post by Loewchen »

If the PC freezes and not just factorio, then something is wrong with the PC itself.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Respect that the forum language is English only.

MistiksMamont
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MistiksMamont »

No problem, the translator will help. Guys, the problem is directly with your purchased game. And not with my computer, because it causes the hang, otherwise my computer is working stably. Just like you answer that the problem is with my computer without even answering why did your game dump the error???And what does it say???

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

The OS freezing means something went wrong in the kernel layer which means it's either an OS, Driver or Hardware issue, factorio could not cause that if it wanted to.

MistiksMamont
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MistiksMamont »

Are you ignoring the error dump that I sent you again, what is indicated in it, or do you want to say that your game creates unreasonable errors?

MistiksMamont
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MistiksMamont »

It is not the OS that freezes, as if the OS were hanging. then the computer would continue to respond or at least write it down in any error, but it stupidly stops the hardware, so I have a question what exactly it stops what are the problems that I can fix it, there is a problem in the video card either in the process or in RAM, that's what answer I would like to hear from you.Thank you in advance

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

MistiksMamont wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:09 pm
No problem, the translator will help. Guys, the problem is directly with your purchased game. And not with my computer, because it causes the hang, otherwise my computer is working stably. Just like you answer that the problem is with my computer without even answering why did your game dump the error???And what does it say???
The game in and of itself cannot cause your computer to freeze and crash from an issue internal to the game. It has to be through some interaction with other critical, core systems, like drivers, that will cause this. As the game seems to work well on 99% of other systems, this means the problem is likely with some corrupt drivers or failing hardware. Note that Factorio, owing to the fact that it runs almost wholly within a computer's memory, is a lot heavier on your RAM than other games and programs, so Factorio is several times more likely to expose any issues there.

Ultimately, though, we are unable to determine anything from just a dmp file. We would need the log file (and even the devs would request this to diagnose an issue).
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

MistiksMamont
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MistiksMamont »

Подскажите как мне предоставить то что вам нужно?

MistiksMamont
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MistiksMamont »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:42 pm
MistiksMamont wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:09 pm
The game in and of itself cannot cause your computer to freeze and crash from an issue internal to the game. It has to be through some interaction with other critical, core systems, like drivers, that will cause this. As the game seems to work well on 99% of other systems, this means the problem is likely with some corrupt drivers or failing hardware. Note that Factorio, owing to the fact that it runs almost wholly within a computer's memory, is a lot heavier on your RAM than other games and programs, so Factorio is several times more likely to expose any issues there.

Ultimately, though, we are unable to determine anything from just a dmp file. We would need the log file (and even the devs would request this to diagnose an issue).
And any game is a program, and since it's a program, it can cause hangups, burnouts, and anything in the computer, you don't have to tell me it's just a game they can't do it, it sounds stupid. Some games burn computers to embers.!!!

MistiksMamont
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MistiksMamont »

I perfectly understand that something is wrong in my build, that's why I'm contacting you so that you can indicate exactly what is wrong, and what is the problem?

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

MistiksMamont wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:47 pm
Подскажите как мне предоставить то что вам нужно?
The log file. It's right next to the dmp file you took and provided. Note that there are 2, a "current" and a "previous". Any time you start the game, it deletes the "previous", renames the "current" to "previous", and then creates a new "current". With that in mind, we need which ever of these shows the crash.
MistiksMamont wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:52 pm
I perfectly understand that something is wrong in my build, that's why I'm contacting you so that you can indicate exactly what is wrong, and what is the problem?
Ok, well then there appears to be some translation issue, because up until this post, that was not the message we were receiving.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

MistiksMamont
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MistiksMamont »

I provide everything from the folder with the Dump sent earlier so as not to make a mistake.
Attachments
factorio-dump-previous.dmp
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 13 times
player-data.json
(7.34 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
factorio-previous.log
(17.64 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
factorio-current.log
(20.53 KiB) Downloaded 21 times

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

Your log seems ok, no apparent issue for me, but I'm not used to how logs are supposed to look like with AMD GPUs.

Common PC issues that lead to the whole PC crashing are bad/outdated drivers for GPU and audio, overclocking, overheating, insufficient power supply (includes bad power connectors within the PC case), faulty memory, defective GPU, defective mainboard.

Since these are general PC issues and not Factorio specific, it's not really the topic of this forum. You might think it's Factorio that's crashing, but it's not. Factorio is only the first messenger that tells you there's something wrong with your computer.

MistiksMamont
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MistiksMamont »

Tertius wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:06 pm
Your log seems ok, no apparent issue for me, but I'm not used to how logs are supposed to look like with AMD GPUs.

Common PC issues that lead to the whole PC crashing are bad/outdated drivers for GPU and audio, overclocking, overheating, insufficient power supply (includes bad power connectors within the PC case), faulty memory, defective GPU, defective mainboard.

Since these are general PC issues and not Factorio specific, it's not really the topic of this forum. You might think it's Factorio that's crashing, but it's not. Factorio is only the first messenger that tells you there's something wrong with your computer.
I just took the computer away from the repair, so to speak, in which the motherboard was replaced for me. The only old one in my build is a video card that is not so important in your game, but despite this, I have already tempered a new one tomorrow the 3070 TI will arrive. I think there will be no questions about AMD drivers, then we'll wait and see tomorrow.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

From my reading of your log files, they stop abruptly. It didn't have a chance to log the error in the log, which is unfortunate.

I'm not fully familiar with dmp files, but from opening it and letting the analyzer run, the things of interest I found in there were:
  • ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s.
  • The fault address in not in any loaded module
  • INVALID_POINTER_WRITE_c0000005_factorio.exe!Unknown
That "c0000005" error code, when I attempt to research, comes up with search results basically saying there are a wide range of causes for it. :/

Below is the results from running the analyzer tool, for anyone who would be interested.

dmp contents
Tertius wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:06 pm
Since these are general PC issues and not Factorio specific, it's not really the topic of this forum.
I don't know, this is the tech help subforum, which is "anything that prevents you from playing the game properly". That said, yeah, our knowledge and ability to help with this specific issue may be limited.

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SoShootMe »

MistiksMamont wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:50 pm
And any game is a program, and since it's a program, it can cause hangups, burnouts, and anything in the computer, you don't have to tell me it's just a game they can't do it, it sounds stupid. Some games burn computers to embers.!!!
No; insufficient cooling aside (and sometimes even in that case) the design of the operating system and hardware work together to limit what a program can do. It is a very complex subject; some search terms to research: user mode, kernel mode, memory management unit. The last should lead you to virtual memory, page tables and memory protection.

Even if you have never seen a problem with anything other than Factorio, it does not follow that Factorio is the problem. It is an astonishingly stable game that can be very demanding of hardware and seems more likely than average to reveal underlying issues, especially RAM that is faulty or otherwise not functioning as required (eg due to overclocking).
FuryoftheStars wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:19 pm
That "c0000005" error code, when I attempt to research, comes up with search results basically saying there are a wide range of causes for it. :/
The associated message suggests a load or store to an address that is invalid or where that operation is not permitted. The most common reason in general is probably user mode code attempting to read from or write through a null pointer, but it can equally be caused by other user mode bugs, an OS bug, a driver bug, or a hardware issue (such as the value of a pointer being corrupted due to faulty RAM, or one of many more convoluted sequences of events). So, yeah, it tells you very little by itself :(.

MistiksMamont
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MistiksMamont »

Well, guys, I've changed almost everything. The motherboard, RAM, and video card. It remains either the processor or something is still wrong with your game)))

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Have you tried without discord ?

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

My money would be on a bad interaction with something else on your PC. Discord, I've seen the game crash from, but not the entire computer, so I'd be more suspicious of bad/corrupt drivers and the like.

If you happen to have a spare hard drive, maybe try swapping that in place of the one your current OS install is to, then do a clean install to that spare drive and see if it still happens? That way you're not having to wipe your OS if you don't want to.

Return to “Technical Help”