The IP obtained from the game lobby for rooms created by the headless server is incorrect in the case of reverse proxy.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
fang523
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

The IP obtained from the game lobby for rooms created by the headless server is incorrect in the case of reverse proxy.

Post by fang523 »

"I am using a headless version of Linux server, which I have successfully set up and can connect to the game normally through the IP address. However, due to the use of reverse proxy (FRP), which is common in China, the IP obtained from the game lobby is incorrect. As a result, I am unable to enter the server from the game lobby.

In previous versions before 1.1.0, I used to modify the hosts file to change the IP address of pingpong1.factorio.com (1~4) to 127.0.0.1, and then used a script to emulate the response of pingpong1.factorio.com. I will attach the script later. Recently, I found that it is no longer working, probably because the data structure in the new version has changed. I am not sure if this behavior complies with the laws and regulations in your region, but it is allowed in our region. I hope to get help and ask everyone to modify the content of this script so that it can be used in the latest game version. I also hope that the official team can come up with a better solution to this problem (such as opening ports to allow the game lobby to verify the IP of the current server). Thank you."
Attachments
factorio.txt
python3
(663 Bytes) Downloaded 16 times

Return to “Technical Help”