[1.1.101] GPU Performance issues

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.101] GPU Performance issues

Post by Rseding91 »

That's not what I get when I test your saves:

In your old save I get an update time of 5.8 MS/tick. In your new save I get an update time of 13.9 MS/tick. The majority difference is: In your new save you have a *ton* of active biters and biters path-finding. You have essentially zero in the old save.
old save.png
old save.png (1.79 MiB) Viewed 375 times
new save.png
new save.png (2.12 MiB) Viewed 375 times
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

SpleT
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SpleT »

Hmm... my i4770k has dualchannel low latency mem, should be around 32GBs looking in some reviews...

my ryzen 5900x according some tech review:
oth systems offered up memory bandwidth in the 32-35GB/s range, using a 3200MHz memory speed, though time to copy was about 7% faster on the 5900X

but i use 3600 MHz with decent latencies so should be faster... it could be that is the issue

its hard to believe this is so close between DDR3 and DDR4... perhaps it is... i thought DDR3 had way lower latencies then DDR4

though the CPU internally has a lot more cache... but yeah... oohwell... i dont doubt factorio itself is as effecient as it can be. ive seen a lot of performance improvements over the years from when i initially started way back
Last edited by SpleT on Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpleT
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SpleT »

yee wait the old save it might just be that my trains are inactive... its not that all factoriies are constantly running. it mightve been an idle moment...

its why the test with my new save and just using that on both PCs is a much better test :D

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Correction: biters path finding, not active trains. My mistake.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

SpleT
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SpleT »

cant remove my biters sadly due to that biter in the void (other topic)... so ill go on a killing spree or... make blueprints of all planets (been already busy) and main planet and rebuild everything

SpleT
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SpleT »

thanks though i didnt realize it was actually biter pathfinding that also is so active... i thought it was about my trains... so i didnt understand that part.

yes... they are agressive allright... and they are badass as well with that bobs enemies so a lot of military activity is going on :D

thanks for the support so far

SpleT
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SpleT »

This also something for next playthrough... there are settings for biters in which frequency they are active... cant change that now anymore as its a start setting but its good to learn. ill do that down a lot next time as i do like to have them around

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

SpleT wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:26 pm
This also something for next playthrough... there are settings for biters in which frequency they are active... cant change that now anymore as its a start setting but its good to learn. ill do that down a lot next time as i do like to have them around
I know you are having issues with updating mods... but can you add a new one? There's a mod out there that allows you to edit map settings after the fact.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ChangeMapSettings

Edit: You could potentially use console commands for that, too.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

SpleT
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SpleT »

Heyhey, I have been very busy (besides work) last days... what ive done is going back to a savegame number 10 instead of 18 i was on which was a looot of hours in the past... then ive made blueprints of litterally anything and everything i did on 18.... and been rebuilding that all on the map without corruption... yey! now i can add remove mods again and update em and stuff...

one of my issues was a miniloader mod that was very good in performance 3 years ago or something... so ive been replacing those all with the better loaders that inherit the engine code. that helped a lot on performance as ive too much loaders actually :P

Return to “Technical Help”