[1.1.101] Factorio crashes when auto-saving

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Janestarz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.101] Factorio crashes when auto-saving

Post by Janestarz »

This happened twice this morning (first autosave of the day). After the first one, I quit to desktop, restarted Factorio and loaded an older save. As soon as it tried to auto-save again, the error re-occurred.

I'm not sure how to post this on the Factorio Forums as the game suggested (I don't have an account there, I never come there) nor am I a star at posting on Reddit so I hope I'm doing this right. (Sorry!)

I hope you engineers can help!
log

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.101] Factorio crashes when auto-saving

Post by Loewchen »

That is a bit flip, so likely a hardware issue. Try if a save file from a different map crashes as well.

Janestarz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.101] Factorio crashes when auto-saving

Post by Janestarz »

My other save files are from earlier versions, so I don't think (?) that is a fair comparison.

I started a new game earlier today, and had three successful autosaves on that one, so it's not necessarily an autosave problem, I think.
I've also checked the disc Factorio is installed on for errors, but none were found.

I retried with the exact same save that crashed twice this morning - and there were no more errors. It auto-saved successfully a minute ago.

Weird.
Thank you for looking at the error logs. I hope it was just a blip!

Return to “Technical Help”