[1.1.100][mac-x64] macOS Sonoma crashes randomly

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Spanska
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.100][mac-x64] macOS Sonoma crashes randomly

Post by Spanska »

Hi,

The crashes happened to me while I was trying the demo. I figured I had to save often to avoid losing game progress. I understand this is not normal and it makes it pretty hard to appreciate the game after a while. However, I went ahead and purchased it through Steam to try it out with some friends and... the macOS crashes kept occuring. To know if it was the hardware causing the grief, I rebooted into Windows (using Bootcamp) and it all went fine for a good 1-2 hours of play.

1. What did you do?
Just play the game normally, nothing I could pinpoint to trigger the game to cause macOS to crash.

2. What happened?
macOS crashed, at several what seems like random occasions while playing the game. Each time, the game would freeze and I couldn't use the mouse anymore but I knew Discord was still running because I could keep talking and listening through it. To isolate if it was Discord causing the issues, I closed it but ran into the same macOS crashes (at least 2-3 with Discord closed). It is very annoying, it would be less severe if only the game would crash but the game causing the OS to crash feels much worse.

3. What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!
Have the game NOT crash macOS. It is very annoying because I can easily lose work if I forget to save anything in other applications that are running when I start the game.

4. Does it happen always, once, or sometimes?
It happened several times, I had at least between 5-10 macOS crashes from the moment I first ran the demo and up to playing with friends using the purchased version.

5. If you can reproduce the issue provide the exact steps!
Sorry, it looks very random. Hopefully, the debug data will help pinpoint what the problem is.

I attached the log files but I am a bit skeptical they are showing any macOS crash data and I also had to open Factorio to confirm the version I have for this bug report.

Let me know if you need anything else to work on a resolution.

Thank you!
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(4.91 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
factorio-current.log
(4.83 KiB) Downloaded 18 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.100][mac-x64] macOS Sonoma crashes randomly

Post by Loewchen »

This is either an os, hardware or driver issue.

Spanska
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.100][mac-x64] macOS Sonoma crashes randomly

Post by Spanska »

I just had another 2 macOS crashes: one while trying to join a multiplayer game and another while writing this reply. As long as the game runs, macOS will eventually crash from what I can see. Log files attached.
Attachments
factorio-previous-crash_while_writing_bug_report_reply.log
(4.47 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
factorio-previous-crash_while_joining_multiplayer_game.log
(7.86 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
factorio-current-crash_while_writing_bug_report_reply.log
(3.79 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
factorio-current-crash_while_joining_multiplayer_game.log
(4.36 KiB) Downloaded 25 times

Return to “Technical Help”