[Solved] Stuck on messagebox when starting new game

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[Solved] Stuck on messagebox when starting new game

Post by Sander_Bouwhuis »

I played this game some years and decided to give it another go.
But, after pressing the new game and play button, I get a message box which I cannot close (right at the very start).
I have pressed most keys on my keyboard (incl. esc, tab, backspace, return, enter, space, etc), and I also tried with the mouse buttons.

Please help!
2024-01-01 14-48-35 3840x2160 Factorio_1.1.100.jpg
2024-01-01 14-48-35 3840x2160 Factorio_1.1.100.jpg (893.53 KiB) Viewed 383 times
Last edited by Sander_Bouwhuis on Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Stuck on messagebox when starting new game

Post by Bilka »

Maybe a mod is consuming the tab keypress (meaning the mod processes it and the game never gets it). Try rebinding "Confirm message" to another key in the controls.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Sander_Bouwhuis »

@Bilka
Ooooooooooh, that solved it! So strange that a bug like this was never found. Why not have a simple close button to avoid these things?

Thank you very much for helping, I can play now!

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Sander_Bouwhuis wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:39 pm
@Bilka
Ooooooooooh, that solved it! So strange that a bug like this was never found.
If it's due to a mod, it most likely it was never reported to the author or the author simply hasn't fixed it so far. This kind of message with the confirm key only appears at the very start of the singleplayer freeplay game. So in many cases players of the mod would never encounter the bug, for example if they add it to a running game or a modded game with a different starting cutscene or use it only in multiplayer.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Technical Help”