1.0.0 -> 1.0.1 Blueprint update problem

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
JustGoFly
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

1.0.0 -> 1.0.1 Blueprint update problem

Post by JustGoFly »

I updated factorio to 1.0.1 - the game updated my blueprints as expected. Then I went back to 1.0.0. It renamed the blueprints to blueprint-storage-backup.dat and made the blueprint-storage.dat file zero size.

I attempted to go back to 1.0.1 and rename the backup dat file back, but nothing that I've tried will recover the 95 MB's of blueprints. HELP !

Any suggestions on how to get them back, the dat file does not load in either 1.0.0 or 1.0.1.
Vinnie

JustGoFly
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: 1.0.0 -> 1.0.1 Blueprint update problem

Post by JustGoFly »

I used this tool
https://github.com/asheiduk/factorio-blueprint-decoder
to extract from the dat file, then re-encode it into an importable string. All worked great.

It would be awesome if when you rename the dat file you named it something like blueprint-storage-1.0.0.dat so we know which version it is and can be used with. it's odd that I couldn't load it in either version of factorio though.

My file went from 95 MB to 67 MB's, but the important stuff is there.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: 1.0.0 -> 1.0.1 Blueprint update problem

Post by Rseding91 »

Do you still have the blueprint dat file? 1.0.0 is very old at this point. The latest stable version is 1.1.100. 1.0.0 was released over 3 years ago.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Technical Help”