[1.1.100] Steam Authentication Failed

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
wh1teC0ac0a
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.100] Steam Authentication Failed

Post by wh1teC0ac0a »

So I bought the game through Steam a while back, played it maybe once solo and am only now trying to play some multiplayer with friends through Steam.

When attempting to join their newly created world, my game client goes through "Connecting To The Game" and then "Logging in with Steam" where, after a little bit, I'm told "Error: Steam authentication failed. Please make sure you're logged in to Steam in online mode."

I've tried the following so far:

1. Double and triple checked I'm online on Steam
2. Restarted Factorio
3. Restarted Computer
4. Created a Factorio.com account and linked it to my Steam account
5. Restarted again in case that mattered after linking
6. Flushed DNS cache according to a similar topic on this forum

So far, I haven't seen any other topics anywhere with the same wording as my error either. If anyone can help I'd be very appreciative!

I'll be re-installing in the meantime.

Thanks!
Wh1teC0ac0a

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.100] Steam Authentication Failed

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Try also clearing the steam download cache?
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=110334
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

wh1teC0ac0a
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.100] Steam Authentication Failed

Post by wh1teC0ac0a »

Thanks for the tip! So Steam authentication seems to be working now, pointing to an issue with steam at the time of the problem. I thought for sure it had to be something else because one of the people I was trying to play with is also in my house and was connecting to multiplayer perfectly fine at the same time I couldn't. I did reinstall, but was getting the same issue thereafter until I tried again today. Just gonna chalk it up to Steam issues, I figure. Happy holidays anyone who celebrates!

Return to “Technical Help”