[1.1.100][steamdeck] Cannot move the character when any community layouts

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Thedudeman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.100][steamdeck] Cannot move the character when any community layouts

Post by Thedudeman »

Hello. I have recently bought factorio for the steam deck and was interested in trying community control layouts to make it a bit easier to pick up. I have tried several steam layouts designed specifically for the deck however on every one of them the player character won't move. It seems that the joysticks are mapped to WASD for movement but nothing works. It was the Twinsen and Probs (most popular) layouts I was trying. Any help would be greatly appreciated

cbhj1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [1.1.100][steamdeck] Cannot move the character when any community layouts

Post by cbhj1 »

Might need to set it to KB and mouse in the settings ingame.

Thedudeman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Thedudeman »

That does work but it doesn't show the steam deck button prompts if that makes sense? Maybe it's just a case of being big brain and memorising them

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

You should change the game to use controller mode(in the game main menu -> settings -> controls) and use the default official layout in Steam ("Official Layout for Factorio - Gamepad with Mouse Trackpad").

Most layouts were made before the game had controller support so they emulate mouse and keyboard. For optimal experience just start with controller mode and the official layout. You can experiment with tweaking the layout later.

The Steam layout selection interface can be quite confusing.

Return to “Technical Help”