Content Delivery Network not delivering the content?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Content Delivery Network not delivering the content?

Post by Kyralessa »

I'm trying to read some relatively recent FFFs such as

https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-374

and I notice that some animations aren't loading. I see this behavior in both Vivaldi and Chrome, on an Android tablet. Instead of the animation there's just a gray box.

In Vivaldi it's possible to disable these animations, but I've verified that they're enabled, and anyway it's not all of the animations, but only random ones, which makes me think the CDN is failing to do its job.
Last edited by Kyralessa on Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Content Delivery Network not delivering the content?

Post by Kyralessa »

Still happening today. Am I the only one seeing this?

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

I have no issues on Brafve mobile or brave desktop.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

No issues for me
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kyralessa »

I don't know why it didn't occur to me to note this before...but probably because my Windows laptop was in the shop getting repaired.

When I have trouble viewing the animations, it's on an Android tablet or an Android phone.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Just tested from my Android phone via the included Chrome browser. Afaict, all looks good for me.

Does wifi vs cellular make a difference for you? If not, then my first suspicions are settings on the phone for your used browser. Maybe some privacy/cookie related ones?
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by vinzenz »

Gray boxes instead of videos usually means your browser hasn't downloaded the mp4 yet. Our blog has no optimizations for mobile devices or sub-optimal internet connections yet. So it can take quite some time until an older device loads all the content or it might run into some internal timeouts and doesn't load the content at all. If your browser cache is working correctly it should show more content on subsequent refreshes though.
bringing the oops to devops

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kyralessa »

It's not a mobile issue. It happens on both the tablet and the phone when I'm sitting in my chair at home on Wi-Fi. The tablet doesn't have a SIM card anyway; it only has Wi-Fi.

Also, I have a 500 Mbit connection, so it's hard to believe a sub-optimal internet connection would be the issue.

Also, when these gray boxes occur, there's not any indication that they're still loading. They're just...gray boxes. It doesn't seem to matter how long I wait. They don't ever turn into animations.

Return to “Technical Help”