[1.1.91] Lost savegames after window reinstall, Windows 10, Steam version

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
aalpersen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.91] Lost savegames after window reinstall, Windows 10, Steam version

Post by aalpersen »

Hello
This morning I reinstalled my windows. I backed up (always before windows reinstalls) necessary folders undar AppData-> Local, LocalLow, Roaming. Not just factorio but also many of them
Whatever, after intensive software installs throughout the days (office suites, app developments softwares etc etc) I decided to end day with factorio. After I started game I noticed that the game to continue was not my last game. Entered Load Game and my last game (which of course had 10s of saves) was absent. I checked save files under "%appdata%/Factorio/saves" I noticed that they all was very old, 6-10 months old. I checked my backup files (I dont erase them after a month of OS reinstall) my last games were not on disk, all were old. Then I checked Steam Cloud (there were no errors prior and there wasnt this time) at : https://store.steampowered.com/account/remotestorage newest game is from "September 2022"!!!. So hunreds of my saves are missing. Where sould I check them besides "%appdata%/Factorio/saves" and Steam Cloud?

I did not format old windows disk. So according to info I will remove my new ssd from laptop and install the one one ans search in there (old ssd and windows installation is healthy). Is there any other place factorio puts files/saves? Also neverthless why is cloud storage files are old too?

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.91] Lost savegames after window reinstall, Windows 10, Steam version

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Sounds like Steam cloud didn't sync everything. Either you had a setting disabled somewhere in Steam previously, or it was just having issues syncing. That's one of the potential issues with Steam cloud and why I prefer to just leave it off.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

aalpersen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.91] Lost savegames after window reinstall, Windows 10, Steam version

Post by aalpersen »

swapped drive (forgot to connect fan socket, wondering why low fps :)),,
so the answer:
fact.png
fact.png (163.43 KiB) Viewed 314 times
I wonder why steam/factorio, at which time, decided to store saves there.
So they are in "\Steam\userdata\9197913\427520\ac\WinAppDataRoaming\Factorio\saves\"

PS: so when backing up your saves, cloud and local %appdata% may fail you. search for "savename" on your computer and back up these also

Return to “Technical Help”