bad allocation

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
trampek
Inserter
Inserter

bad allocation

Post by trampek »

hey
after last update 1.1.89 i got some "bad allocation" error, it starts when game is saving but then it crashes my game
cant be problem with my ram cos i got 24GB also on diffrent computer there is same problem
i was playing this save 200h and this error happen just now (i updated today), never before ive even seen such thing
other than that - before that error happen we noticed game is slower and have some lag from time to time but it wasnt much so we didnt really care but now i think mayby its related

so far happen once on my computer ill post new log file if that happens again but on other computer (not server) it happens everytime she tries to save so i got 2nd log files for you
also on that 2nd computer it happens a lot more often if we make server on it
Attachments
2factorio-previous.log
(172.41 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
2factorio-current.log
(732.68 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
factorio-previous.log
(177.44 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
factorio-current.log
(680.45 KiB) Downloaded 31 times

trampek
Inserter
Inserter

Re: bad allocation

Post by trampek »

update: after like 10th try to save on our 2nd computer it gave us error not only "bad allocation" but in relation to some mod (YARM) so i reported it there too

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/YARM/disc ... 35932b6198

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Please post the save file so I can try running it on my computer. It's entirely possible you are simply running out of RAM with the amount of mods you have installed.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

trampek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by trampek »

there you go but its my not first rodeo lol ive got more mods and bigger bases without problems (just some UPS lag ofc)
Attachments
4.zip
(40.85 MiB) Downloaded 27 times
Last edited by trampek on Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

trampek wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:02 pm
there you go but its my not first rodeo lol ive got more mods and bigger bases without problems (just some UPS lag ofc)
I don't see it anywhere.

trampek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by trampek »

check again pls i clicked too fast before and posted before it uploaded

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Got it. Checking now.

trampek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by trampek »

i did many manual changes to mods too but none should affect ram (just some fixing incompatibilities with mods,recipes,diffrent mod settings- that kind of stuff)
and as i said ive played excatly this save without problems before and also much bigger bases (like angel+bob+madclown megabase) and i had only minor UPS lags when night started cos rampant mod (first big wave of enemies - got option enemies attack night only) , got fork mod now rampant-fixed and it doesnt lag so much tho (still wasps and spawner mobs disabled tho)
tbh im pretty sure i got base once with save over 300 MB ...

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

The save itself isn't much of a concern; the mods alone take 9~ GB just to reach the main menu.

Do you have any kind of steps to reproduce the crash?

trampek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by trampek »

just try to save ...
on my computer it did happen only once after like 4-5h playtime and not again but on my wife comp it happens everytime when she tries to save (when in game hosted by my comp) and when she try to host it happen very often (like always) and also crashes after a while , she can play np when join my game tho
thats all i got sorry

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Saving seems to work fine for me. But I also have updated versions of the mods because some aren't available on the mod portal anymore.

Can you zip and upload your mods folder?

trampek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by trampek »

2.6Gb packed ... i made torrent if you want you can dl it today for 2 more hours or all day tommorow
Attachments
factoriomods.zip.torrent
(12.98 KiB) Downloaded 28 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

I downloaded the mods and loaded the save. It loaded fine and saved fine. Although I have 32 GB of RAM - is there anything else to reproduce it?

trampek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by trampek »

no ... i see your point about ram tho , my wife comp has only 16GB and she gets this error all time , i got 24GB and its very rare to me and you say with 32 GB its all alright ... not sure why it start happening after update but there is no way to reproduce this bug other than i told you
guess we will buy more ram then , tnx for your time :)

trampek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by trampek »

here is log file after it did happen 2nd time on my computer after 5h of playing

what was wierd tho that i could not save but game not crashed and i could go to menu but our 2nd comp could save at this time without problem ...
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(653.61 KiB) Downloaded 27 times

trampek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by trampek »

well after last post a lot of wierd stuff happen - 1st i could not load that save and factorio crashed , then when i restarted game it crashed again but with some crazy errors , i tried do screenshot but when i press prtSC button screen went black and then i try go back with task manager but everything i was trying to do (like open paint, try kill that factorio process that started it all) was giving me those crazy errors but none of them were them same , some even windows related .. like i dont have acces or cant login (next time ill do photos with phone)
restarting computer helped and i can start game now and load save np

my wife told me when this was happening to her, she saw her C disk was full (10GB is free before and page file is on all disks), for me tho disk wasnt full

trampek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by trampek »

i think this is that log from when factorio couldnt start and computer went crazy
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(154.13 KiB) Downloaded 31 times

Return to “Technical Help”