Converting old maps

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
CrazyDron
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Converting old maps

Post by CrazyDron »

Good day.

Is it possible to convert old maps to be compatible with last actual version?

For example, I want to play last tutorial mission from Factorio 0.16 (building aircraft).

Current version doesn't load this map, says similar to "maximum version for this map is 0.18".

Thanks.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Converting old maps

Post by Koub »

It's possible to convert in multiple steps :
Download and install the 0.18 zip version from Factorio website, and you'll be able to load a 0.16 map and save it in 0.18 format.
And then you'll be able to load the 0.18 version to save it in the most recent format.
Note that your map will most likely not work anymore at all, a LOT of things have changed since 0.16.

And if the map is modded, you most probably won't be able to find the right versions of your mods.

Howevr, Not sure if this will work for tutorial maps.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

CrazyDron
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CrazyDron »

Thanks, but:
1. There is no 0.18 version available to download. 0.17.79 -> 1.0.0.
2. With big probability resaved map goes from 0.16 to 0.18, but will not work in 1.0.0 and later.

P.S. Of course, 0.18.xx versions at big variations avaliable at torrent sites. So, trying is possible, but I hasn't do that at this moment.

UPD: Anyway, I thinked maybe community or authors have an external utility-converter. Now I understand that there is not.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

1.0.0 is a 0.18 version.
If your save is from a tutorial that no longer exists in the latest version this method might not work after all.

CrazyDron
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CrazyDron »

Loewchen, yes. 1.0.0 allows to start (no warnings about versions), but:
Attachments
Error.png
Error.png (2.62 MiB) Viewed 774 times

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Ah yeah, tutorial missions are kinda like mods. They won’t work with newer versions, so you can’t play old tutorial saves in newer versions.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Return to “Technical Help”