[1.1.80] Dedicated Server (Headless Linux) doesn't show on LAN browser

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
ClulessNoob
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.80] Dedicated Server (Headless Linux) doesn't show on LAN browser

Post by ClulessNoob »

Per title, my dedicated server is not showing up in the "Browse LAN Games" UI/grid. I have zero trouble connecting to the server by manually entering hostname and port; it just doesn't show up in the LAN game browser on Windows Factorio client (same as server version.)

I've set up a dedicated server on Debian 11 Linux, using headless v1.1.80. I have visibility lan: true, public: false.

If I setup with "username" and "token" and add visibility: public: true, I can see my game in the public game list. Further adding a port-forwarding rule to my router, I can even connect to my game throught that same public browser. Never shows up in LAN browser.

There are no firewalls on the server. I even tried disabling IPV6 in case that might've been part of the problem.

I've tried using Factorio Server Manager as a launcher and manually configuring / launching the game with no difference. I've even tried a Docker container set to both bridged as well as host.

Am I missing something obvious (or even, not-so-obvious?)

What's the mechanism that Factorio uses to "broadcast" to the LAN that a game is available do perhaps I can troubleshoot it properly?

Thanks!

ClulessNoob
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.80] Dedicated Server (Headless Linux) doesn't show on LAN browser

Post by ClulessNoob »

Bloody hell. I just thought to check the Windows Firewall (edit: on the client) and found that Factorio wasn't allowed to listen on the network.

/facepalm

You may close this "ticket" to dumbness (i.e., Cluless-ness)

Return to “Technical Help”