[1.1.80] Game freezes up when using LTN Manager (mod) GUI

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Blackclaws
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.80] Game freezes up when using LTN Manager (mod) GUI

Post by Blackclaws »

This is a very weird one. It reproducible happens on Linux and Windows for not just me but another player as well.

When opening the LTN Manager (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LtnManager) mods GUI and switching to the Stations tab the game locks up completely, and any interaction with either it, or any other window fails. By that I mean the PC is still running, I can ALT-Tab to other windows, but my mouse is completely unusable, I can still type in other windows, videos on second screen keep running, etc.

If the player is the host, the game is irrevocably done. If the player is just joined to a multiplayer game he gets dropped after a while which is when the game itself _also_ recovers. When he then rejoins the game the GUI is still open and it works fine. Changing tab and back again results in the problem reappearing.

This was all working fine in the last stable version. It might be related to the amount of stations and trains as the Trains GUI is also noticeably more laggy when opening (and that one only contains about 500 trains)

The Linux version used is Ubuntu 22.04.
Windows version is Windows 11.

I've added a savegame that allows reproduction of the bug:

1. Load game
2. Wait for LTN Manager to be available (in the shortcut bar)
3. Open it
4. Switch to the Stations tab
5. Lock up should happen

I've omitted the log because it basically has no new entries after clicking on the GUI.

Link to savegame: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q2xsCz ... sp=sharing

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.80] Game freezes up when using LTN Manager (mod) GUI

Post by Rseding91 »

A recent game update changed some behavior around tooltips in mod GUIs which is causing this freeze. It's resolved for the next 1.1. release but I don't know when that will be.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

csduff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [1.1.80] Game freezes up when using LTN Manager (mod) GUI

Post by csduff »

Good to hear it is resolved for next update.

To add something to this, I host a local server (for my household). When opening LTN Manager (if I am not searching already for something in LTN Manager) I get something like the OP. Game lags until I am dropped by the server. Upon reconnecting, LTN Manager is open and operating normally.

If I leave something in the search bar (so LTN Manager is not trying to show me all my stations, ~700 at this point in the game) it will only lag for a short time, about half a second. I can then use LTN Manager normally. Just don't allow the search to be clear. Make sure to type a new search quickly and this should be a usable workaround until the game is patched.

Return to “Technical Help”