Game crashes after a few minutes

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
dudebro420
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Game crashes after a few minutes

Post by dudebro420 »

My game consistently crashes after being in the game for a few minutes. Sometimes crashing to desktop, sometimes crashing whole computer via black screen forced restart or BSOD.
I included the save file and log. When it crashes to desktop, there is an error message that tells me to upload these here.
I have noticed it mostly happens when the game tries to auto-save. Sometimes is just crashes because it feels like it. When it happens to crash during autosave, it usually corrupts that autosave.
I have also noticed that certain textures will begin to look glitchy; like the radar, some ground textures, the edges of fast transport belts, and probably more. The game seems to crash not long after I start seeing these texture glitches.
I am running latest version with no mods. Graphics driver is up to date.
I would very much like for anyone to help me with this, even if you tell me if it's a hardware issue.
Attachments
Rail World 3.zip
this is the world i have been playing on
(14.73 MiB) Downloaded 33 times
factorio-current.log
(10.31 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Game crashes after a few minutes

Post by Loewchen »

If you get bluescreens it means there is something wrong with your system, either OS, driver or hardware. You can google "How to diagnose bluescreens in Windows 11" for directions.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

While waiting on someone else to respond that might have better insight (edit while posting: Loewchen replied :)), maybe check to make sure that Windows is fully up to date as well as all drivers that you can think of for your PC. Graphics drivers you said are up to date, but it is possible for these to be corrupted, so may be worth the effort completely uninstalling and doing a clean reinstall of them. There's software out there called Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) that can assist with the uninstall.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

lyvgbfh
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lyvgbfh »

If you're hitting a blue screen, feel free to include the most recent file from C:\Windows\Minidump. I would be happy to give it a look and direct you further.

dudebro420
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dudebro420 »

I believe it is something with my system now. Computer is crashing even when not playing Factorio. I'm convinced it's a ram problem. I used to have ram problems a while back when I upgraded to zen 4. Reseating the ram solved it for a while. Now the problems are magically back. I'm going to try to rma the ram.

If I get around to it I'll try to include that file for you lyvgbfh.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

dudebro420 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:42 pm
I believe it is something with my system now. Computer is crashing even when not playing Factorio. I'm convinced it's a ram problem. I used to have ram problems a while back when I upgraded to zen 4. Reseating the ram solved it for a while. Now the problems are magically back. I'm going to try to rma the ram.

If I get around to it I'll try to include that file for you lyvgbfh.
You can always try running memtest86 against it.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

dudebro420
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dudebro420 »

I have run memtest before. Got errors during it, but then after reseating, the errors went away.

dudebro420
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dudebro420 »

I noticed my RAM was showing running at 4800 instead of the 5600 it's supposed to run at.
In BIOS I have the EXPO I profile enabled, and set the mode where it trains the memory on every startup. Not sure if it's supposed to be configured that way, but it seemed to fix the problems with the crashing.

Return to “Technical Help”